Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: COR Pump

Is the pump out???
    Terrance???

Frequent Visitor
    BRS says they’re expecting them around Jan 10 (I pre-ordered one and they took my money too - a little annoying as most places don’t charge your card until they ship your order)

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/co.../#post-4318071

I saw another retailer saying Jan 22. My take is that they shipped from Neptune shortly after the first of the year and now it’s a matter of shipping and processing times for retailers.

ReefGil above posted he pre ordered from BRS and his pump is in his hand....

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by ReeferGil View Post
    Looks like a happy camper. I saw the live stream and The people at Neptune are lucky ducks to get their hands on it.

From what I saw on the video they got a small shipment for some people that pre-ordered through Neptune Aquatics.

Ordered mine online and it's being shipped out Monday. If I had a guarantee of getting one I would have driven from LA to San Jose for instant gratification.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthSimon View Post
    ReefGil above posted he pre ordered from BRS and his pump is in his hand....
    Aw, man!
    I Pre-ordered mine on 12/21 (about a half hour after they sent out the e-mail) and I haven't been notified that they're shipping yet. I live about 10 miles away from their warehouse, so I could probably pick it up as soon as they have it.

Honestly, though, it's just a pump. I think it will be a nice addition and I'm excited to try it out, but it's still just a pump. If it really makes that much difference in my life then I probably have other issues!

Hey all. A little birdie told me Neptune Aquatics would have 4 of these at the LFS. This was not a BRS pump. As usual, I'll be posting a YT video on the pump in the future. I'm super stoked to have it. Here's a link showing the sump it will make its home. https://youtu.be/lqqnTX9TkVQ

Frequent Visitor
    I complained about the delays but at least I followed through and bought one as soon as I could. Can’t wait to get it set up on my 57 gallon Reef Savvy setup. Special thanks to Dennis at FJW in Houston for getting me one of the first COR-15 units available.

Frequent Visitor
    Just got an email from BRS. The COR-20 that I pre-ordered on December 21 is being shipped and I should have it next week.

Frequent Visitor
    I got mine yesterday and my LFS had some on the shelf yesterday, so I can confirm that they’re out!

I don’t know how many units Neptune got with their first order or how many pre-orders there were at the various online outlets. There was a lot of interest, so it may well be that the entire first shipment is spoken for and some who pre-ordered may have to wait for the second (or later) shipment. (BRS actually lists the pump as ‘sold out’ and isn’t taking any more pre-orders)

Frequent Visitor
    What is the warranty on these pumps? 1 year?

Quote Originally Posted by Gotfrogs View Post
    What is the warranty on these pumps? 1 year?
    Info such as this is found in the manuals/user guides. https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/docs/
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks, I found it in the manual and it is 1 year. I had looked on the product page and did not find it there.

Frequent Visitor

Got a COR-20 from a LFS today. Hopefully it is more reliable than the RD3 80 it is replacing.

Frequent Visitor
    ??? 'unreliable' is not a word I've heard used to describe Red Dragon pumps before.

Got a COR-20 from a LFS today. Hopefully it is more reliable than the RD3 80 it is replacing.

Frequent Visitor
    I have had one pump fail 3 times in about 4 years. This last time was outside of the warranty.

Frequent Visitor
    I have had one pump fail 3 times in about 4 years. This last time was outside of the warranty.
    Yikes! Everyone else I've seen has described them as bulletproof, and for the price, they should be. 15 months between failures is a pretty low bar - the COR should be able to meet it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepydoc View Post
    Yikes! Everyone else I've seen has described them as bulletproof, and for the price, they should be. 15 months between failures is a pretty low bar - the COR should be able to meet it!
    I think he's talking about the RD3 80. The COR hasn't been out that long.

After going through 3 WAVs and 2 PMUPs I've decided to wait for the COR to be out for a while before buying one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Yes. I was talking specifically about the RD3 80.

I am in the process of upgrading the Apex on my large system to a 2016 version. I have not installed the COR-20 yet but I did make a holding fixture for the power supply.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456