Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: COR Pump

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Yes. Both COR will be shipped with a dedicated power supply. If you get the COR 15, you have the *option to use 1link instead of the power supply just like with the DOS.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
    Since I run two main pumps am I going to blow my power supply running a WAV, two of the smaller cores and two solenoids on a single 1link?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jamesreich View Post
    Being that the Cors come with their own power supplies then the 1Link would just be used for controlling the pumps if the Cor power supplies are used right?? If that is the case then two cors and a wav could be safely plugged into the 832 1Link ports. The only downside would be having the power bricks taking up space.
    The COR15 doesn't need to use its power supply if plugged into 1link. The COR20 must use its own power supply

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The COR15 doesn't need to use its power supply if plugged into 1link.
    This is not correct. The COR-15 uses a 1LINK connection, period. There is no option to use a different power source.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Reading this thread is very disappointing. I was hoping to solve 2 problems w/the Cor and Wav. I had read about the lack of reliability on the Wav's and was hoping they were isolated incidents. I have a 90g w/a Jebao on one side and an MP-40 on the other. Wanted to replace the Jebao w/the 2 waves so I could get a nice clean mode going once a day. Seems like I'm better off sticking with another mp-40 instead and buying an WXM module.
    I also have a Vectra M1 which heats my tank up too much when run at 50% or higher. SO I was really hoping for the Cor to solve that problem too. Hard to believe the Wav is so unreliable.

Frequent Visitor
    That's too bad that the COR-15 can't be used stand alone. Seems like it would be a nice 'gateway' product if it could be used independently, similar to the ATK. I wonder why they chose to do it like that - I'm guessing it was a financial consideration.

Since the COR is a DC pump, the power consumption will be split between the pump itself, the controller unit and the power supply. The good new for heat management is that only the pump contributes to heating up the tank.

Regarding the WAV pumps, I haven't seen a ton of reports about reliability issues, but things like that are incredibly hard to measure on a support forum; by default you typically get a disproportionate number of posts with problems, and even if you look at the relative number of posts regarding one product vs another, that has to be taken relative to the number of units sold (10 problems with 1 million units sold is pretty good, but 10 problems with 100 units sold is pretty bad.)

Either way, the COR is too new to have any idea about reliability yet. The only units 'in the wild' are the beta/pre-sale units sent to the insiders. You would need to wait at least a year after general sales start to get a true idea about the reliability.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dangros View Post
    Reading this thread is very disappointing. I was hoping to solve 2 problems w/the Cor and Wav. I had read about the lack of reliability on the Wav's and was hoping they were isolated incidents. I have a 90g w/a Jebao on one side and an MP-40 on the other. Wanted to replace the Jebao w/the 2 waves so I could get a nice clean mode going once a day. Seems like I'm better off sticking with another mp-40 instead and buying an WXM module.
    I also have a Vectra M1 which heats my tank up too much when run at 50% or higher. SO I was really hoping for the Cor to solve that problem too. Hard to believe the Wav is so unreliable.
    Most of us with problems were early adopters.

I suspect the ones coming out now are improved????

I bought the Vectra M1 almost two years ago. I thought it would have been compatible with the Apex, since the Radions and MP pumps were. Anyhow, found out it wasn't compatible, so in the box it sits. I plumbed into my RODI salt mixing station and will use the Vectra to return water into my tank for water changes. A very pricey mistake, but I'll put the Vectra to good use inside my Brute "trash" container. I have two MP40's, but was considering the WAVs. Holding out for the COR pump as long as I can, but I need to get my new build up and running. If the release of the COR is delayed any longer, I'll have to take a good look at the Reef Octopus Varios 6.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ReeferGil View Post
    I bought the Vectra M1 almost two years ago. I thought it would have been compatible with the Apex, since the Radions and MP pumps were. Anyhow, found out it wasn't compatible, so in the box it sits. I plumbed into my RODI salt mixing station and will use the Vectra to return water into my tank for water changes. A very pricey mistake, but I'll put the Vectra to good use inside my Brute "trash" container. I have two MP40's, but was considering the WAVs. Holding out for the COR pump as long as I can, but I need to get my new build up and running. If the release of the COR is delayed any longer, I'll have to take a good look at the Reef Octopus Varios 6.
    Just get a cheap sicce or Danner to hold you over and when the Cor comes then use the cheap one as an emergency back up

Having an emergency main pump in the supply closet and a back up main brain for my Apex of were both hard earned lessons....

Regular Vistor
    Will the Cor have the capacity to have a backup power supply like the Vectra and Tunze Return pumps? I hope they do! As the Summer draws near here in Melbourne I get a lot of power outages.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by VicK32 View Post
    Will the Cor have the capacity to have a backup power supply like the Vectra and Tunze Return pumps? I hope they do! As the Summer draws near here in Melbourne I get a lot of power outages.
    Right now i think the ready made battery access is ecotechs advantage.

If Neptune was smart, they would make the Core compatible with the same connection so that cor customers could power a cor with an Ectotech battery.

I am sure that would piss off Ectotech but they seem not to want to work with Neptune anymore any way so f-them.

Then again...they would sell more batteries.

Regular Vistor
    All they need to do is to make a connection that is compatible to any dc power supply like Tunze as you can hook up any 12V battery to and they would have the edge over their competitors and keep Ecotech happy but have the "versatility" option. Same thing can be said about their WAV pump lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CORs and WAVs operate on 24VDC, not 12.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    My oversight - then a 24V deep cycle battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    would this be large enough for a 125
    what is the gph

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    This is not correct. The COR-15 uses a 1LINK connection, period. There is no option to use a different power source.
    Russ, can you complete my understanding please? If the COR is only using 1Link, does that mean it’s incompatible with both the Apex Classic AND not available on UK/Europe 2016 models as they won’t have the new power bars?

Just planning ahead here

Can't you buy a stand alone 1link over there?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    You can purchase a separate 1link module that is compatible with the Apex classic. I don't know if this will be included with the COR pump or not, but it is compatible with the classic.

Frequent Visitor
    I would probably just buy the COR-20, you can slow it down to whatever speed you need. Never hurts to go bigger.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    Can't you buy a stand alone 1link over there?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepydoc View Post
    You can purchase a separate 1link module that is compatible with the Apex classic. I don't know if this will be included with the COR pump or not, but it is compatible with the classic.
    Not that I've seen - I can't see it anywhere on Neptune's list of modules on the website either. So, if it does exist, I would need to buy an additional module to run it anyway, in addition to the Apex 2016 which includes that functionality in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by tastyfish View Post
    Not that I've seen - I can't see it anywhere on Neptune's list of modules on the website either. So, if it does exist, I would need to buy an additional module to run it anyway, in addition to the Apex 2016 which includes that functionality in the US?
    https://www.neptunesystems.com/produ...nk-module-set/

Frequent Visitor
    If you do get a 1link you can also run the wav pumps and solenoid and utility pumps off of it so it's not $149.00 JUST to run a cor.

A DOS will run off either a 1link or aquabus.

Russ, can you complete my understanding please? If the COR is only using 1Link, does that mean it’s incompatible with both the Apex Classic AND not available on UK/Europe 2016 models as they won’t have the new power bars?

Just planning ahead here
    It’s not a matter of compatibility or incompatibility- the COR-15 is fully compatible with any Apex system out there. The better way of looking at is that there are dependencies - because the COR-15 uses a 1LINK interface for power & communicating with the Apex, the ability to use a COR-15 depends on the availability of a 1LINK port. If you do not currently have a EB832 (for those in North America) or a 1LINK module (for anyone anywhere in the world), then the COR-20 would probably be the way to go.

However, as was already pointed out, if you opt to add a 1LINK module to be able to use a COR-15, you can then also expand upon the use that 1LINK module for other things as well - after the COR-15 is connected, you’ll have two more 1LINK ports and two DC24 ports available to use.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    It’s not a matter of compatibility or incompatibility- the COR-15 is fully compatible with any Apex system out there. The better way of looking at is that there are dependencies - because the COR-15 uses a 1LINK interface for power & communicating with the Apex, the ability to use a COR-15 depends on the availability of a 1LINK port. If you do not currently have a EB832 (for those in North America) or a 1LINK module (for anyone anywhere in the world), then the COR-20 would probably be the way to go.

However, as was already pointed out, if you opt to add a 1LINK module to be able to use a COR-15, you can then also expand upon the use that 1LINK module for other things as well - after the COR-15 is connected, you’ll have two more 1LINK ports and two DC24 ports available to use.
    Thanks guys, for some reason the 1LINK isn't on the list of modules on the Neptune Systems product menu - hence the confusion.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks guys, for some reason the 1LINK isn't on the list of modules on the Neptune Systems product menu - hence the confusion.
    The 1link isnt a big marketing priority as its capabilities are somewhat redundant with a 2016 unit.

You could still need an extra 1link with a 2016 If you had a big enough system but I think more classic customers bought 1links to use the wav

Another interesting development was changing the leak detectors so you can plug them to an fmm instead of having to buy an ald.

I hope they keep making the 1links and ald though as it's nice to have more than one way to hook up equipment.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Allentown View Post
    The 1link isnt a big marketing priority as its capabilities are somewhat redundant with a 2016 unit.

You could still need an extra 1link with a 2016 If you had a big enough system but I think more classic customers bought 1links to use the wav

Another interesting development was changing the leak detectors so you can plug them to an fmm instead of having to buy an ald.

I hope they keep making the 1links and ald though as it's nice to have more than one way to hook up equipment.

Sadly for anyone outside of the US/using 220v it’s very relevant as one of the main advantages of the new plugbar are the direct connection 1LINK ports. I don’t want to drag this thread OT though, my query was really over COR and 1Link/compatibility with non US versions of the 2016

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast