Thread: apex 2016 power bar

New User

Angry apex 2016 power bar

When will the UK models be supplied with the new power bars. It seems wrong you bring out new models and deliver it with the old power bar.

New User
    I also was wondering if and when a EU version of the new power bar would be available, but couldn't find any reliable information about it, so I've sent a mail to [email protected]

The replay I got was: "Neptune Systems has not publicly commented if we will make an enhanced 240V power bar at this time."

​which for me could means that they either have something in development, but not ready to communicate about, or that they have nothing and aren't even thinking about it.

New User
    Hurry up and get an australian one out too Dunno why they dont care at this point

Frequent Visitor
    Same here in NZ! This is the only reason that I have not bought an Apex yet and I am sure that there are a lot of other people in the same boat!

New User
    I also live in the UK and was angry when I got the energy bar 6 instead of the advertised 832 bar. I emailed them and complained about the crappy deal we are getting in Europe compared to the US. This was their reply

"We cannot say if/when there will be an update to the myriad of 220V Energy Bars we manufacture. The Energy Bar 6 is a quality product just like the Energy Bar 8 which is still sold here in the USA. The fact that there is not yet a newer Energy Bar 6 does not make the new Apex package in UK crappy. And, the price in the UK for the new kit is comparatively adjusted (to the US version) for the fact that it does not have a newer and more capable Energy Bar 832."

It doesn't sound like Neptune are interested in the European market and are deluded if they think the package we get is competitive with what you get in the US, an inferior product which we pay much more for.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by thedragonslair View Post
    It doesn't sound like Neptune are interested in the European market and are deluded if they think the package we get is competitive with what you get in the US, an inferior product which we pay much more for.
    I completely agree. The EB6 is only 6 switchable power outlets, it doesn't even have the power monitoring function the EB8 has. Compared to the EB832 the EB6 is crap. Until now I never really bothered to compare the price between US en EU versions, and I'm quit surprised by what I found.
    For anyone interested, I compared the prices of bulkreefsupply.com, neptunestore.eu and charterhouse-aquatics.com (UK) and converted everything to US dollar:

Apex 2016 lab grade kit US 800$ (748€ / 638£)
    Apex 2016 lab grade kit EU 925$ (865€)
    Apex 2016 lab grade kit UK 1028$ (820£)
    EB832 250$ (233€ / 199£)
    EB8 160$ (149€ / 127£)
    EB6 EU 245$ (230€)
    EB6 UK 313$ (250£)

The only difference between the US and non US kits is the Energy Bar, so I don't understand how they can call these prices "comparatively adjusted".
    This just looks like a great way to lose a lot of potential customers.

New User
    As you have rightly said, Neptune are missing out on a huge market in Europe and elsewhere by combining the excellent new 2016 controller with an old technology energy bar, its infuriating watching their videos bragging about how good the 832-energy bar is but failing to mention it’s for the US market only. Had I known and I suspect many others would have thought twice about buying it, I would probably have gone for a GHL controller instead.

More importantly in my opinion as you have pointed out is why are we paying over $200 more in the UK when its packed with a vastly inferior energy bar, its amazing Neptune think it’s competitively priced compared to the US version, its simply not! I appreciate that there are shipping costs and taxes to pay over here but this in no way makes up the extra cost. It should be way cheaper with the inferior energy bar, not more expensive, it seems to me like profiteering.

Neptune are clever people so it would be easy for them to modify the 832 for 220v. Let’s hope they start to treat their non-US customers with a bit more respect and stop palming us off with old technology, maybe if enough people complain they will see the light!

New User
    I too was very disappointed to find the no where near as good power bar. I wanted the power monitoring as one of the main reasons but most of all how do I now power my 24v equipment as it doesn't have the outlets ??? Please help also do the Audible alarms work ???

Frequent Contributor

apex 2016 power bar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay221085 View Post
    I too was very disappointed to find the no where near as good power bar. I wanted the power monitoring as one of the main reasons but most of all how do I now power my 24v equipment as it doesn't have the outlets ??? Please help also do the Audible alarms work ???
    You can use a 1LINK to power up 24v equipment that don't exceed 30W.

You need a display module to have audible alarms be played.
    Jon

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    You can use a 1LINK to power up 24v equipment that don't exceed 30W.

You need a display module to have audible alarms be played.
    Thanks for that do you know how to wire the USB cable to achieve the 24v supply though it thanks

Thanks for that do you know how to wire the USB cable to achieve the 24v supply though it thanks
    A USB cable is not used to supply 24v power. The 1LINK module has 2 DC24 ports which supply 24v power, which comes from a dedicated power brick. See this sticky for more info: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...-ACC-Ports-FAQ

You mention having 24v equipment - what sort?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    A USB cable is not used to supply 24v power. The 1LINK module has 2 DC24 ports which supply 24v power, which comes from a dedicated power brick. See this sticky for more info: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...-ACC-Ports-FAQ

You mention having 24v equipment - what sort?
    Im in the uk and our bar doesn't have the 1 link outlets. So does that mean I need. To buy a module? I'm not going to be happy if so as the us one comes with all that and it's cheaper. Thanks

New User
    Same problem here just ordered apex and to my surprise with old EB6 for crazy money . Look like they do not care about Europe customers... paying £820 for it and hearing tha I need to buy more stuff because I need to connect some how other components just make me feel disappointed with it . So Neptune Apex I think you should step up and at list make a dissent explanation to whole situation or send us new EB

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Hepatus73 View Post
    Same problem here just ordered apex and to my surprise with old EB6 for crazy money . Look like they do not care about Europe customers... paying £820 for it and hearing tha I need to buy more stuff because I need to connect some how other components just make me feel disappointed with it . So Neptune Apex I think you should step up and at list make a dissent explanation to whole situation or send us new EB

Think its what what you said we pay more get less and there not bothered as it seems 😟

New User
    Think its what what you said we pay more get less and there not bothered as it seems 😟
    I know I think I should've gone for GHL profilux ....

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Hepatus73 View Post
    I know I think I should've gone for GHL profilux ....
    Just looked at that looks good and half the price

New User
    [QUOTE=Jay221085;121302]Just looked at that looks good and half the price

It is

Frequent Visitor
    I Am an American..and the 220/ 240 v versus 110 v issue effects Anyone living where the " More Efficient abd sensable 220/240 v " system applies ( bet I catch some crap for That lol)

I live in Asia, Bangkok specificaly.

As i have Not yet made my purchase..maybe I should consider a more suitable controler..
    That or deal with step down transformers..Hmmmm
    A Quandry indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin6600 View Post
    I Am an American..and the 220/ 240 v versus 110 v issue effects Anyone living where the " More Efficient abd sensable 220/240 v " system applies ( bet I catch some crap for That lol)
    US doesn't use 110 for efficiency. It's for safety....we use 220 only for devices that need the lower current like dryers, radiant heat, AC, etc.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    US doesn't use 110 for efficiency. It's for safety....we use 220 only for devices that need the lower current like dryers, radiant heat, AC, etc.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
    Yep...
    We be the SAFEST folks in the world.....

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk