Thread: SW Mix Programming

Regular Vistor

SW Mix Programming

Hello,

I am using my BoB with a float switch and a "Normally Closed" solenoid from autotopoff.com. I am wanting to have my RODI fill a 5 gallon bucket until the float switch changes to Closed then cut power to solenoid which closes it. To do this, I only want the solenoid to be powered when FeedD is pressed and all other times have no power to it.

Here is what I have programmed now. Thoughts? Right now I have FeedD set to 300 minutes as an arbitrary number so it stays open long enough until the SW_Mix float closes, shutting off power.

(Note:SW_Mix = float switch name)

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If FeedD 300 Then ON
    If SW_Mix Closed Then OFF

Better ideas? Normally the SW_Mix will be Open as the bucket the float is going in will be empty most of the time, It will only be full of water when I am mixing saltwater. I really just want to be able to press a button in fusion (thats why I chose FeedD), have the solenoid outlet power on and then shut off when the SW_Mix Float switch closes.

Thank you

Frequent Visitor
    Looks ok to me. I always prefer switches to be CLOSED when OFF is desired so that if the wires short together, whatever it is stays off. This has happened to me before

Frequent Visitor
    I worry about water on the floor and since this is on for 5 hours after feedD I would want something safer than a float switch. I would look at https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...utlet-properly and add a timer to be sure the float did not stick and shut it down after a time.

Frequent Visitor

Frequent Visitor
    Once you know how long it takes to fill your bucket, you could reduce your feed timer to that length of time plays a little. This would at least mi I use the water in the floor.

also, I do something similar but I have a float valve in as well as a backup to the float switch

Regular Vistor
    the timeframes are somewhat arbitrary for this example. It takes about 100 minutes for my bucket to fill. I am mainly just wanting to know how to program it so that the solenoid would only be under power when in FeedD, but I want the power to the outlet SW_Mix to shut off when the float closes. The FeedTimer will be my failsafe should the float fail.