Thread: Fusion not showing actual info

Control Freak In Training

Fusion not showing actual info

I'm sure I'm doing something stupid

i have my apex 2016 plugged in, and connected to fusion. I want to go slow so I will start with a temp probe and my ATS lighting. I renamed outlet 1 and just changed the times. I hit send, and it says it sent, however the outlet didn't turn on, nor did it remeber me renaming it. So I moved the button cover and turned it on manually. Fusion still shows it in auto and off, but it is clearly on.
    I also plugged my temp probe in but the temp still says 20.6
    what am I doing wrong, it's like I'm not getting a live view, even though I can turn things on and off??
    thanks in advance

Frequent Visitor
    Navigate to another web site and then back to Fusion. This has worked for me. Sometimes when I come back Fusion makes me log in again.

I don't have it open on a browser, but I will fire up,the PC and log in and out.

Ok, if I log into apex.local I can change the outlet name and it takes. I also can see the temperature accurately. I have to sign in as admin, it won't take my credentials that I set it up with as me. I logged out of fusion and back in, but still have outdated information there. So it appears the apex is working, but that I can't see what it is doing from fusion. When I pick it in fusion it says it is connected and I can turn an outlet on and off, but not see it accurately. I guess if no more ideas by tomorrow I will have to open a support ticket. Hope the rest of the learning curve isn't this steep for me.

Apex.local and Apex Fusion have a different credentials, so it's by design that your Apex Fusion account doesn't work on Apex.local. It sounds like your Apex isn't communicating with Fusion. I'd reboot everything (including your router/switches) and try again. Then, like you said, probably open a support ticket if you're still stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Apex.local and Apex Fusion have a different credentials, so it's by design that your Apex Fusion account doesn't work on Apex.local. It sounds like your Apex isn't communicating with Fusion. I'd reboot everything (including your router/switches) and try again. Then, like you said, probably open a support ticket if you're still stuck.
    The thing is I can turn an outlet on with fusion on my phone, and it works. However fusion on my phone won't show it is on. I hope that makes sense.

I understand what you're saying, but it definitely doesn't make sense, lol.

It's almost like Fusion can send data to your Apex, but not receive data back from it. I'd immediately suspect a firewall issue, but if you've got a standard consumer grade router that you haven't tweaked it shouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but it definitely doesn't make sense, lol.

It's almost like Fusion can send data to your Apex, but not receive data back from it. I'd immediately suspect a firewall issue, but if you've got a standard consumer grade router that you haven't tweaked it shouldn't be an issue.
    Nothing but an out of the box net gear something. I don't know enough about networking to tweak anything.

Just to update this I opened a ticket and I ultimately ended up deleting my apex from fusion, obtaining a new token, and reconnecting it. It has worked ever since!