Thread: Icecap Reef Cam

Regular Vistor

Icecap Reef Cam

Does anyone know if the icecap reef cam works with Fusion media Integration?

In fairness it only says "not supported". My reef cam should be here tomorrow. I will play around with it and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icecap Reef Cam

I got it setup late last night and haven't had much time to play with it. The device itself is accessible via http port 80. You can log into the device page and see live video. The issue I see is it's using a vlc plug in and requires a vlc cab on the computer. It's using php so I will dig into this a little bit more. There is also the option to configure ftp out and email motion. You could do a still image to a ftp server for sure. Clearly that wouldn't be live video. The app allows you to view the camera remotely. I still haven't looked into how they are doing that. Hopefully reverse proxy or API calls. That's going to be the best shot at making this work. Will do some traffic snooping to see what's going on there too. Hopefully this weekend I'll get a chance to play with it more.

Regular Vistor

Hmmm...

[QUOTE=inh;114312]The device itself is accessible via http port 80. You can log into the device page and see live video.

What did you use for the username when you logged in? I didn't see in the directions where you could do this (or i dind't read the manual), but i tried it and it required username/password. I used admin,aministrator and root.

[QUOTE=etpelle;114319]
    Quote Originally Posted by inh View Post
    The device itself is accessible via http port 80. You can log into the device page and see live video.

What did you use for the username when you logged in? I didn't see in the directions where you could do this, but i tried it and it required username/password. I used admin,aministrator and root.
    The username is admin. The password is either the default 12345678 or if you reset the password the one you set.

Regular Vistor
    Nevermind. I got it. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by etpelle View Post
    Nevermind. I got it. Cool.
    Awesome. If you figure anything out let me know!

Still digging. Proxied, going to AWS.

Regular Vistor

maybe...

Here is how I got it to work but it's not perfect and it may be inconsistent.

I downloaded vlc and and from a command prompt you can run:

C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC>vlc.exe rtsp://icapreefcamip/channel1 :network-caching=1000 :sout=#transcode{vcodec=theo,vb=1600,scale=1,acode c=none}:http{mux=ogg,dst=:8000/stream} :no-sout-rtp-sap :no-sout-standard-sap :sout-keep

This will open the vlcmedia player and it will start counting up with a black screen (leave it open). Then in apex you can add media of type ogg and point it to http://yourpublicip:8000/stream.

Of course you will have to figure out port forwarding for you routers for wahtever ports you use. I don't know how well this works though. It seems a little flakey, but I don't know if there are settings that will help in vlc player.

There is a delay before the video starts.

Frequent Visitor
    haha, I'm the one that asked BRS that question
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post

REEF-Cam to apex

Hi new to apex and new to reef cam. Actually new to everything. Did anyone get this to work?

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyCoral View Post
    Hi new to apex and new to reef cam. Actually new to everything. Did anyone get this to work?
    Great question, I just got the reef-cam as a present and was hoping to add the video to my apex dashboard as well as share the video with others.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyCoral View Post

If you have vlc viewer you can do this from a command prompt on your computer

vlc.exe rtsp://reefcamip/channel1 :network-caching=10000 :sout=#transcode{vcodec=theo,vb=1600,scale=1,acode c=none}:http{mux=ogg,dst=:8000/stream} :no-sout-rtp-sap :no-sout-standard-sap :sout-keep

this will restream the video from your computer on port 8000. You then need to configure your internet router(s) to forward port 8000 to your computer ip address. You can then add it to apexfusion as an ogg media type with the url as http://yourpublicip:8000/stream where yourpublicip is the public ip of your internet router. The video will take a little while to come up and on you computer you will have to leave the vlc window open. This is a bit of security risk so I have it running on a virtual computer. If fusion would support rtsp it would be a lot easier.

Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?

BTW, I picked up this reef cam awhile ago, and I would say absolutely don't waste your money. Gets no wifi signal underwater - pretty useless! I sent it back of course, but I was actually so disgusted with it, I put up a negative review on brs within days of it first appearing on their website. Someone didn't like that particular review, because it never appeared. I guess they eventually let two scathing reviews get through, and probably no one has bought it since.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?

BTW, I picked up this reef cam awhile ago, and I would say absolutely don't waste your money. Gets no wifi signal underwater - pretty useless! I sent it back of course, but I was actually so disgusted with it, I put up a negative review on brs within days of it first appearing on their website. Someone didn't like that particular review, because it never appeared. I guess they eventually let two scathing reviews get through, and probably no one has bought it since.
    Agreed! Sending it back, it sucks. The networking functions are terrible

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

New User
    Hello everyone
    I am in TOULON (FRENCH)
    I am the owner of a REEF-CAM my question is how to connect the camera to WINDOWS in IP mode
    I tested the following address http: //192.1**.***: 80 IMPOSSIBLE
    Do you find the solution to re-transmit REEF-CAM on the internet, or with which software?

Thank you for your help
    cordially

Bonjour a tous
    je suis sur TOULON (FRANCE)
    je suis posseseur d'une REEF-CAM ma question es comment pouvoir connecter la camera a WINDOWS en mode IP
    j'a'ai tester l'adresse suivante http://192.1**.***:80 IMPOSSIBLE
    Avez vous trouvez la solution pour retansmetre la REEF-CAM sur internet , Ou avec quel Logiciel ????

Merci de votre aide
    Cordialement