Thread: AI Hydra Storm and Ramp Overlaps

Frequent Visitor

AI Hydra Storm and Ramp Overlaps

Hey all, my second post here!

This question pertains to how ramping is impacted by storm profiles. I have tried searching this but there are too many posts regarding storm settings and no keyword seems to find what I want.

I have 4 AI Hydra26's on a 110 tall. I have several profiles established that will give me a 5 hour ramp from sunrise to mid-day and then mid-day to sunset. Each profile slightly changes the color temperatures from a full actinic blue to an approx 10kK white. Using the seasons table, this gives me a very minimum mid-day profile in winter and an extended mid-day profile during the summer.

My question pertains to the Weather Profile. I want to run a Weather Profile once a week that will knock the lights down to 30%-60% with the silly lightning effect for my kids and run my Vortechs in NTS mode. I don't know how long this needs to run just yet (I asked in my post #1 but feel free to answer that here!).

So my actual question is - is if I set my hydra's into weather mode during a ramp profile, will the ramp profile continue in the background? Specifically, I hypothetically have a 'Profile X' kick off at 1 pm that drops my intensity from 70% to 30% over a 2 hour period....and I have a weather profile that kicks on at 11 and runs to 2:00 pm. Once the weather has finished, will the hydras go to 70% and begin my Profile X at the start (70%) or will they assume Profile X has been running and assume 50%.

As a parallel to this, say my Weather 'Light Max Intensity is set to 60%. Will the non-cloudy light level remain at 60% during the entire duration of weather, or will at say 1:30 pm, the light intensity will begin to fall as the background Profile X would dictate?

Here is the program code I have in mind for the is example:

Hydra X:
    Fallback Off
    Set Off
    If Time > 18:00 Then [Nightlight]
    If Sun -060/-300 Then [Twilight]
    If Sun 300/060 Then [Twilight]
    If Moon > 120/-120 Then [Moonlight]
    If Sun 000/-300 Then [Sunrise]
    If Sun 120/-300 Then [Morning]
    If Sun 300/-300 Then [Noon]
    If Sun 300/-120 Then [Afternoon]
    If Sun 300/000 Then [Sunset]
    If <VO_Weather> Then [Storm]

Where <VO_Weather> is the virtual outlet:
    VO_Weather:
    Fallback Off
    Set Off
    If Time > 11:00 Then On
    If Time > 14:00 Then Off
    If DoW S M T W F S Then Off

Thanks,
    Chris

Frequent Visitor
    I never got any feedback on this but what I found was that all other profiles are ignored during a weather event. I still have not confirmed whether ramping continues or stops during a weather event. But if a weather event kicks on at noon (100%) and reduces lighting to 80%, then a scheduled afternoon profile is scheduled to drop the lights to 60%, that profile will not begin until the weather event is finished.

Frequent Visitor
    Have you uploaded you lighting schemes? I run AI Hydra 26s (non HD). I have never figured out how to program a storm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk