Thread: Could use some guidance here

New User

Could use some guidance here

I've setup the email as I thought it was supposed to be. However, I am not getting certain notifications. I get my high salt regularly (as my probe didn't calibrate correctly). I raised my high set point on it to stop the alerts. My refugium light (LightRef_4 I believe) is set to alert me when it turns on and when it turns off. I was doing this for testing purposes as it's something that I cycle daily. I've never once seen this message.

What has me really concerned is I just got my apex off alert about an hour ago for no reason. Is there anything that looks wrong? It just doesn't seem reliable.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

The If LightRef_4 lines are the problem....

Having both If Output LightRef_4 = ON Then ON and If Output LightRef_4 = OFF Then ON means that the email outlet will never turn off, because LightRef_4 is always either On or OFF. Delete one or both lines. Check that you are not doing the same thing with other If Output lines I can't see in the screenshot.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The If LightRef_4 lines are the problem....

Having both If Output LightRef_4 = ON Then ON and If Output LightRef_4 = OFF Then ON means that the email outlet will never turn off, because LightRef_4 is always either On or OFF. Delete one or both lines. Check that you are not doing the same thing with other If Output lines I can't see in the screenshot.
    Odd. I thought it would scan again and turn 'off' at the top. Or, basically only 'Turn On' in the even of change. I'll give it a shot. I'm a programmer and their programming just isn't the typical methodology. Thanks for the guidance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk