Thread: Viewing Pictures on Apex

New User

Question Viewing Pictures on Apex

I was using Photobucket to view pictures on my Apex for the longest time and it worked fine. I was having issues with it so I decided to try other services with no success. I have tried Flickr, Dropbox, Instagram, Google drive and have had the same issue. All of the services now give URL to the page, but do not give the URL directly to the picture which apex needs. Does anyone know how to obtain the URL for the actual picture in any of these services? How do I make the picture truly public so that the link works? If anybody has any suggestions how to get this to work it would be much appreciated. I have checked out some old threads but the services of these providers have changed over time.

New User
    I was having a similar issue while using dropbox. Do you have your pics copied to the public folder? Using the share and copy link doesnt seem to work anymore. open the pic in the public folder and right click and copy image address. Paste that into fusion and you should now be able to see the pictures.

Dropbox is wierd about public linking. They just changed the shared folder to a normal folder, breaking a bunch of my links. I don't think you can actual direct link at all now, maybe on legacy links.

I've switch to imgur, it's pretty straightforward and allows direct linking.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Dropbox is wierd about public linking. They just changed the shared folder to a normal folder, breaking a bunch of my links. I don't think you can actual direct link at all now, maybe on legacy links.

I've switch to imgur, it's pretty straightforward and allows direct linking.
    if you right click and copy link address right from the picture it works.

Quote Originally Posted by fishflipper View Post
    if you right click and copy link address right from the picture it works.
    Duh, not sure why I didn't think of that. Thanks.

New User
    Just want to say thanks for reply. I am not on the computer much so hence..... not so tech savvy. I got Photobucket to work however I tried Dropbox for the heck of it. I don`t have a subscription so I don't think it allows this. I just have the "free
    version so it does not work. Thanks again!

Banned

Need Help with Obtaining Direct Image URLs for Apex - Issues with Various Services

For direct image URLs:

Flickr:

Right-click image.
    Choose "Copy Image Address" or "Copy Image URL."
    Dropbox:

Open image.
    Click "Download" and copy the URL from the new tab.
    Instagram:
    Sorry, Instagram is tricky for direct image URLs. Consider using another hosting service.

Google Drive:

Open image.
    Click three dots, select "Open in a new window," and copy the URL from the address bar.
    Make sure your image or album is set to "Public" for these services.

Hope this helps!