Thread: Alarm settings

New User

Alarm settings

Tired to set alarm for return pump and set to alarm if watts at 50 tested by turning off and did not receive email alarm what I am missing on setting it up

Don't test by turning off the outlet. Instead, test by unplugging the pump power cord.

I've copied and highlighted in blue some good info taken from the Advanced section of the Apex (2016) Get Started Guide:

Alarms for Amps and Watts values for each individual 120VAC EB832 output should be configured using the new method via the Inputs page in APEX Local or APEX Fusion. However, should you want to use Amps and Watts values in other output programming, there are new programming commands to support this.

Syntax: If Output output-name (Amps/Watts) Then (ON/OFF)

Examples:

If Output Heater Amps < 3.0 Then ON
    If Output Return Watts > 80 Then ON

Important Note: As the Apex evaluates and executes programming, these new alarm options and programming statements will be ignored if the specified output is manually OFF or the output is in AUTO and the output state is OFF due to programming. This behavior prevents false alarms about low watts or amps when an EB832 output is OFF.

As an example, let’s say that you have your return pump output programmed to turn the pump off while FeedA is active (If FeedA 000 Then OFF). You would not want an alarm about your return pump drawing 0 watts while your FeedA Cycle is active and the return pump is shut off. A watts reading of 0 is normal while the return pump is OFF in this case, so the Apex takes this into account, and will not trigger an alarm because the watts measurement is expected to be zero.

This new functionality is for the EnergyBar832 only; it is not available with EB8, EB4, or EB6
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    I am trying to program a canister filter to turn on an alarm if the watts fall below a certain level. I do not see where to do this in the new area of the outputs tab. I do see on the inputs you can configure alarms but i do not see this anywhere in outputs. Can you tell me where this code is supposed to go? Do you just put this into configuration?

Quote Originally Posted by jordanM View Post
    I am trying to program a canister filter to turn on an alarm if the watts fall below a certain level. I do not see where to do this in the new area of the outputs tab. I do see on the inputs you can configure alarms
    The Amps & Watts sensors for individual EB832 outlets are inputs, just like any other sensor or probe. You configure the alarm triggers for them on the Inputs page.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.