Thread: How do you access Moon Int for programming Radion with WXM

Regular Vistor

How do you access Moon Int for programming Radion with WXM

So I just got a WXM and have Radion's on my tank, and am trying to set up a moon cycle, but I want the moon to not just follow the moonrise/moonset but also the waxing and waning of the moon (full moon is bright, new moon is off) which the manual says there is a way to do, but as of yet I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I'm just gonna have to make like 15 moon level profiles haha

Frequent Visitor
    Where did you find that in the manual. I recall that only the LSM module can make use of the Moon Int data.

Regular Vistor
    and I quote:

"If you want to vary the intensity of the moon lights and not justthe rise/set, you can do so with the LSM, WXM and AWMmodules and the fixtures they control. There is a value in theseasonal tables called “Int” which roughly equates to the waxingand waning (Intensity) of the moon as it goes through itsmonthly phases (note that this is not intended to match anycurrent moon phases – it’s designed to simulate the moon’smonthly brightness). This integrates with the module providinga seamless lunar solution and functions similar to the rampfunction with variable speed ports. For more information on theLSM, WXM and AWM modules, refer to Chapter 7.

Note that the lunar intensity is applied against whatever
    intensity setting is currently active. This is especially important with the WXM and AWM modules since the LED’smay not illuminate if the intensity is too low. If your module intensity is 20% but today’s lunar intensity is only 7%,then 7% x 20% is below 1% and too low for most fixtures to illuminate. "

Found on page 67, version 5.0 of the online manual, found here: http://www.neptunesystems.com/downlo...nce_Manual.pdf

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by connorfood View Post
    and I quote:

"If you want to vary the intensity of the moon lights and not justthe rise/set, you can do so with the LSM, WXM and AWMmodules and the fixtures they control. There is a value in theseasonal tables called “Int” which roughly equates to the waxingand waning (Intensity) of the moon as it goes through itsmonthly phases (note that this is not intended to match anycurrent moon phases – it’s designed to simulate the moon’smonthly brightness). This integrates with the module providinga seamless lunar solution and functions similar to the rampfunction with variable speed ports. For more information on theLSM, WXM and AWM modules, refer to Chapter 7.

Note that the lunar intensity is applied against whatever
    intensity setting is currently active. This is especially important with the WXM and AWM modules since the LED’smay not illuminate if the intensity is too low. If your module intensity is 20% but today’s lunar intensity is only 7%,then 7% x 20% is below 1% and too low for most fixtures to illuminate. "

Found on page 67, version 5.0 of the online manual, found here: http://www.neptunesystems.com/downlo...nce_Manual.pdf
    Thanks! Was this a recent change? I see the manual is now on V 5.0, so looks like I need to do some catching up. Also, seeing that the intensity is set against the AWM is an important detail as I only use 1% for moon lighting...way too many LED's on one channel for my tastes. Another reason for a dedicated moon light DIY (not a fan of the mono blue color).

Regular Vistor
    Yeah, I just need to figure out how to get it to actually do its thing though :P idk if it just automatically applies the moon table to any lighting thats happening during moon hours? lol

Frequent Visitor
    With the LSM and with the old Moon Light back in the X-10 days, the dimm level was automatically applied via the use of the Moon statement. You did not control the dim. The "If Moon XXX/XXX" controlled both the on/off and the dim with no extra effort on your part. I am assuming this is the same...

Which means in my case, where I am using Hydras via the AWM module, and I use my UV, RB and Green at each 1%, I need to change my seasons table to set the Moon Int value to 100% for all instances until I build my new moon lights.

New User

Have you ever solved this?

Quote Originally Posted by connorfood View Post
    So I just got a WXM and have Radion's on my tank, and am trying to set up a moon cycle, but I want the moon to not just follow the moonrise/moonset but also the waxing and waning of the moon (full moon is bright, new moon is off) which the manual says there is a way to do, but as of yet I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I'm just gonna have to make like 15 moon level profiles haha
    Have you ever solved this? I have the same issue!! Using Apex 2016 with Apex Fusion, WXM and Radions 30 Pro

Has anyone gotten this to work?

New User
    Any one? Bueller?......Bueller?......

I'm also trying to figure something out before installing those little LEDs separately with the lunar module.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    Any one? Bueller?......Bueller?......

I'm also trying to figure something out before installing those little LEDs separately with the lunar module.
    The only way it works is if you use profiles for everything. The waxing and waning isn't compatible with the lighting wizard. You can make a constant intensity with moonrise/moonset times work with the wizard.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Ahh makes sense.

Thanks for the response.