Thread: VIDEO: Does your Apex have a Heartbeat?

Frequent Contributor

VIDEO: Does your Apex have a Heartbeat?

You should watch this and enable this feature ASAP!

Control Freak In Training
    Mine does now! Thanks for the video, very helpful for a newb like me

Frequent Visitor
    I'm also on board. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Boo-Yahhh....

Frequent Visitor
    What is supposed to happen when there is no connection? My modem has been offline for a day due to changing providers. I thought I would get some kind of alert, via email or text or something, but nothing so far. If I try fusion, it says it's disconnected. Hmmm. Heartbeat was verified enabled a few days ago.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor
    Check your notification settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Control Freak In Training
    Internet outage at my house today and this worked perfectly! Got a notification, called the wife and confirmed, power was on so everything worked as it should, just no fusion. Rebooted system when I got home and back to normal!

Frequent Visitor
    I have to say - Great Feature! I tripped my GFCI to test it out and it worked. I still have not isolated what is causing the trip, so I nervously check Fusion while at work. Now I can rest a little easy as I will get notification. Until I get a backup battery for the unit, this is a great backup...and even then, this will work in the case of a network outage like Muttley said.

Frequent Visitor
    I have a question - if you have your apex head unit plugged into a UPS via the 12v port - does the heartbeat still notify you of power outages, if say my eb832 loses power, but the head unit is still getting power from the 12v?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    I have a question - if you have your apex head unit plugged into a UPS via the 12v port - does the heartbeat still notify you of power outages, if say my eb832 loses power, but the head unit is still getting power from the 12v?
    Add to your EmailAlm

If Power EBName Off 000 Then ON

I do that for each EB I have

Frequent Visitor
    Seems as though I have had 7 False Heartbeat Alarms in the past 12 hours. Apex is running fine and my home's network connection is running fine. Looks like I will be turning this feature off as fast as I embraced it.

Quote Originally Posted by clsanchez77 View Post
    Seems as though I have had 7 False Heartbeat Alarms in the past 12 hours. Apex is running fine and my home's network connection is running fine. Looks like I will be turning this feature off as fast as I embraced it.
    I doubt they are false alarms. Far more likely is that your Apex is not communicating with Fusion consistently. Click on the Home menu in Fusion then choose Diagnostics to see the recent connection history.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    I doubt they are false alarms. Far more likely is that your Apex is not communicating with Fusion consistently. Click on the Home menu in Fusion then choose Diagnostics to see the recent connection history.
    Your correct, "false" is not the correct word. However my home network is working perfectly fine. In fact I am showing as disconnected now while I am using the same network to make this post. I did run the diagnosis and it only confirms the disconnects. The helpful tips are mostly not applicable. Again, this is why I don't like to use online interfaces over local control when local control is an option.

Having said that I will give my network a reboot, since rebooting the Apex did not make a difference.

And for what its worth, my Classic interface is working and reports "ApexFusion OK"

Frequent Visitor
    So I was traveling last week. Wife called and told me we had a power outage. My UPS on my cable modem had been removed as it was bad. Sure enough a few minutes later I got the heartbeat Alert..... Way To Go Neptune Systems...

A car had hit a pole and knocked out power for 55 minutes. Thanks to my APC 3000 UPS, my system did not hiccup...

I have since replaced that UPS.

New User
    Wish I saw this yesterday.

Breaker popped and I lost 4 fish including a 14" Vlamingi Tang I've had for 8 years.