Thread: jebao adapter resulting in weak pumps

New User

jebao adapter resulting in weak pumps

I'm using 2 PP-4 pumps and no matter what I do it seems like they only ever output at 5-10% power, way less than the lowest setting the jebao controller gives. I initially thought the issue was with the adapter, so I ordered a second, but it has the issue as well. I am using a 24v 6a power supply, so that shouldn't be an issue either. any thoughts?

Simple program I am using:

[Wave1a]
    Type: Pump
    Synchronize: Disable
    Divide By 10: Enable
    Initial Off Time: 0
    On Time: 8
    Off Time: 4
    Minimum Intensity: 0
    Maximum Intensity: 100

PP_Left:

Fallback OFF
    If Time 10:00 to 22:00 Then Wave1a
    If Time 22:00 to 10:00 Then Night
    If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Thanks.

I have no direct experience w/ those pumps, but one thought crossed my mind as I looked at your Wave1a profile... you have Divide by 10 enabled, so the ON (100%) and OFF (0%) periods are only 0.8 and 0.4 seconds respectively. Perhaps the PP-4 pump does not handle such short pulses well. Do a simple test: disable Divide by 10, and see if the pumps do come up to full speed during the 8s ON time.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    When I disable divide by 10 I get the same weak flow. I've tried changing the minimum to 40% as well, but then there is no change in flow strength.

How are you connecting the pp-4 to your apex? If you are using the jabao to apex adapter module then that won't work. Those modules only work with rw or older pumps.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazie4Acans View Post
    How are you connecting the pp-4 to your apex? If you are using the jabao to apex adapter module then that won't work. Those modules only work with rw or older pumps.
    They work great for my 2x pp4 and 2x pp20. I have to run mine with the power at 40 max because my sand is still new. Even at 40% it blows the sand around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Are you using the Jebao power supply? I bought more power supply with the Adapter and it works fine with PP-8's.

New User
    I picked up a 24v 6a power supply to power these.

Both of the VDM ports have the same behaviour. I have tried multiple ethernet cables as well.

New User
    It might be your pumps, i have a Rw8 and a pp20 and they are both working great. They are both connected to the jebao to apex adapter, and both have different setting. Now my pp20 i have it at 35% bc anything else it blows off

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    I have no direct experience w/ those pumps, but one thought crossed my mind as I looked at your Wave1a profile... you have Divide by 10 enabled, so the ON (100%) and OFF (0%) periods are only 0.8 and 0.4 seconds respectively. Perhaps the PP-4 pump does not handle such short pulses well. Do a simple test: disable Divide by 10, and see if the pumps do come up to full speed during the 8s ON time.
    I just bought two PP20's and was thinking of getting one of these. I cant stand not having better control. Arent these adaptors just a 0-10v conversion? Therefore isnt it just the wizard graph used to set the power? whats with this divide by stuff?

New User
    These are great, and yes they are 0-10v, but he divide by 10, is you can even divide by ten the second you can have the pump turn on for to make your wave patterns. You can set per example on 20 and off 10, when you divide by ten your really saying on 2 seconds and off 1.

New User
    You dont do this on the graph, thats more likely for lights, you set these up with the profiles.

Frequent Visitor
    The vortechs and the wav's use the graph for intensity then they had some factory profiles that you select and if you want them sync or anti sync, to what pump and for how long with a slider. I know thats because they are an apex friendly company. Thats why I wish apex would have a module for the Jebao and Gyre units. Or at least a wizard for the 3rd part products. Both popular and us control freaks love to connect.

New User
    Yeah i agree they should create some type of user friendly settings for these pumps, i tried using the profiles for the wav or vortechs and did not work, i can send you my profiles if you want to try them, i have 4 profiles per pump, bc i have them in different intensities. One for the rw8 and the other one for the pp20.

New User
    I think at this point I'm likely going to give up and just get an mp10 as I can't see anything on my side that is causing this to not work.

I've had issues getting my DC1200 pumps to do the same thing. I can only get one pump to be kinda on...

Quote Originally Posted by Rtoal001 View Post
    Yeah i agree they should create some type of user friendly settings for these pumps, i tried using the profiles for the wav or vortechs and did not work, i can send you my profiles if you want to try them, i have 4 profiles per pump, bc i have them in different intensities. One for the rw8 and the other one for the pp20.

Have you tested the variable ports to be sure they are working? There are several threads on here about testing the ports and be sure that they are offering a correct signal. Also, do you only get that 5-10% when the toggle is switched to ON?
    Current: 120 Gallon Peninsula DIY system.