Thread: Problem with DC8

Frequent Visitor

Problem with DC8

Hi, I have 2 DC8, but everytime I connect the skimmer pump to any of them they stop because the electric switch blocks as security, so something is causen to block the security electric switch on the wall.

If I change the pump from one outlet to another or from DC8 A to DC8 B same happens.
    Any idea what can be or how can I solve this?

Thanks !

Regular Vistor
    A few questions...

Did it ever work with these specific dc8s, skimmer and the outlet on your wall that you're trying to use?
    Has anything changed?
    Are there other devices in the chain leading up to the outlet on the wall? for example a 3rd party power bar or ups battery backup?
    Do other devices make use of that outlet on your wall? if so what are they?
    What other devices run off of the dc8s?

By "security", I am guessing you mean a GFCI is tripping.

It sounds like the skimmer pump is the problem. What happens if you plug that skimmer directly into the wall outlet?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Yes, I was talking about GFCI. The pump start to block the circuit. I take it to a different plug on the wall and looks the pump works fine. I left it in that plug for 2 days and then I got a burned smell. Nothing can be perceived on the pumo, as it looks is a short circuit internally. I take the pump out, review and I can not se anything wrong. Try to put it again, it restart and after 45 seconds, the pump stops again. I take it out, test it again and it looks it start, but propeller just does not run.
    I think I got a defective pump with internal problems. I am already talking with Marinedepot about warranty, because I am located in Mexico, and send pump back is very expensive.

Julian, I have a independent circuit braker for only my tank just for security.

Anyway, It looks I have an issue with dc8, as every time co2 solenoid turns on, led bars flash one time !! Any idea why?

Thanks guys.

Enviado desde mi HTC One_M8 mediante Tapatalk