Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO: Are you using the latest Apex App?

Frequent Contributor

VIDEO: Are you using the latest Apex App?

Frequent Visitor
    Love your videos! Always such good info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I downloaded an app but I can't do anything. Stuck on this screen

That's the android app which Neptune no longer supports and doesn't work on most devices. We android users are better off just going straight to fusion...
    Rob

Control Freak In Training
    Enjoying the app here!

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
    I'm confused... wasn't this Fusion IOS app rolled out a few months ago?
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by LobsterOfJustice View Post
    I'm confused... wasn't this Fusion IOS app rolled out a few months ago?
    We pushed out a newer app last year but kind of soft-rolled it out. Now, with this version, we got in, cleaned it up, made some improvements, and now can officially roll it out!

Yes,why yes I am. And it works great

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    We pushed out a newer app last year but kind of soft-rolled it out. Now, with this version, we got in, cleaned it up, made some improvements, and now can officially roll it out!
    When will an updated Android app be available?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    When will an updated Android app be available?
    I have it on good authority that the new Android app will be released on April 31st. I promise it. Use Fusion if your on Android instead.

Quote Originally Posted by cypherljk View Post
    I have it on good authority that the new Android app will be released on April 31st. I promise it. Use Fusion if your on Android instead.
    Why should Android users have to use a browser when iphone users get a dedicated app?

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    Why should Android users have to use a browser when iphone users get a dedicated app?
    As a percentage, only a very small number of users access their Apex with Android. And, of those that do, there are so many hardware variations and versions that chasing them all down is more effort than we have the resources to deal with (at least without sacrificing other great advancements for your Apex). Instead, for most all Android devices the Apex Fusion web app works great. We have gone through a great deal of trouble to make a truly universal web app. Sometimes you may not be able to use the browser you prefer, but there will be a browser that will run it great. Just create a bookmark to apexfusion.com in that browser on your home screen.

Frequent Visitor
    Maybe its a small number because there is no app

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastelball View Post
    Maybe its a small number because there is no app
    I have explained this many times in other venues but I probably need to do it here as well.

We know precisely how many people come to both ApexFusion.com as well as neptunesystems.com using each device type - down to the OS version and browser. This is not speculation. It is not survey data. It has nothing to do with the fact that there are five or six times as many android devices out there. This is what our customers and prospects use. Overwhelmingly.

The iOS app is 95% the same as Apex Fusion opened as a web app.

It is not as if there isn't a great way to run your Apex on an Android. I just did it yesterday on my amazon fire tablet using the silk browser.

If 70% of our traffic was with Android devices, it would be the Apple people complaining as we would not put resources there.

The truth is that the numbers are not there and, to make matters worse, it is harder to develop a quality (emphasis on that last word) app that works across the crazy amount of hardware/OS versions/browsers/provider tweaked sw/hw that is the the android universe.

Regular Vistor
    Downloaded the iOS app a few days ago on my iPhone and iPad Pro. Works great!

I do have one request.... If I only have the single apex system, can we please skip the first display where we pick the system we want to monitor from a list. if there is only one, I'm pretty sure we are going to pick it anyway

Frequent Visitor
    Every time I log in to the app it takes me directly to the dashboard. Never have to pick what apex to use

Regular Vistor
    Actually you are right is normally does, but for some reason I launched it earlier and I had to re-enter my account name/password and I think it gave me the list. I know it does this via the web interface as well when I need to log in again.

I have explained this many times in other venues but I probably need to do it here as well.

We know precisely how many people come to both ApexFusion.com as well as neptunesystems.com using each device type - down to the OS version and browser. This is not speculation. It is not survey data. It has nothing to do with the fact that there are five or six times as many android devices out there. This is what our customers and prospects use. Overwhelmingly.

The iOS app is 95% the same as Apex Fusion opened as a web app.

It is not as if there isn't a great way to run your Apex on an Android. I just did it yesterday on my amazon fire tablet using the silk browser.

If 70% of our traffic was with Android devices, it would be the Apple people complaining as we would not put resources there.

The truth is that the numbers are not there and, to make matters worse, it is harder to develop a quality (emphasis on that last word) app that works across the crazy amount of hardware/OS versions/browsers/provider tweaked sw/hw that is the the android universe.

This I cannot argue dealing with customer service and cell devices now in the enterprise sector.. There are tons of Android based devices compared to one or two Apple models. And then, our Android mfg and providers mess is over by the myriad of versions they "choose" to not update.. But, generally speaking(from my understanding) , if you build an app off the Google api(I think that's what the building tool is called), you shouldn't have a problem and it should be compatible across all Android devices, as Google over the last few years reigned in a lot of the skin interactions being applied.

Lol, but the one thing I have to ask, and I guess my thought is( playing the devil here), and I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I find more apple users require a bit more "hand holding" to a certain extent in my profession (sorry, we get the majority of callers and tickets being Apple, and that, along with service technician experience in the same line), do you think this factors into things at all?

Because most Android users, yes, like myself, I'd love an app.. But, it's not like I couldn't figure out a way to make it work without... But the apple people, it's like the sky is falling or turning green if it isn't just right there.. Lol.. I'm sure this saves a lot of hassle also on that end?

I'm just wondering if this is a factor, while at the same time, taking a moment to share my android comrades frustration, while picking a funny..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by MatroxD View Post
    Lol, but the one thing I have to ask, and I guess my thought is( playing the devil here), and I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I find more apple users require a bit more "hand holding" to a certain extent in my profession (sorry, we get the majority of callers and tickets being Apple, and that, along with service technician experience in the same line), do you think this factors into things at all?
    There is no more "hand-holding" per se. Because Android users just have different issues and complain about different things!

Frequent Visitor
    There is no more "hand-holding" per se. Because Android users just have different issues and complain about different things!
    Preach.

Quote Originally Posted by spyder66 View Post
    Downloaded the iOS app a few days ago on my iPhone and iPad Pro. Works great!

I do have one request.... If I only have the single apex system, can we please skip the first display where we pick the system we want to monitor from a list. if there is only one, I'm pretty sure we are going to pick it anyway
    which version do you have? I thought that was taken care of. I have two systems. With the latest version it now always goes back to the last apex I was in.

I must say adding Touch ID was the highlight to me! Such a great idea.

I'm running the old Android app on my devices (yes it works but it is a pain to setup without hardware buttons another discussion for another day). My discouragement is that the Android app has been around a long time and is the only reason that you need an IOS app and yet it's the one that got abandoned. Being an Android dev I can tell you for a fact that a correctly built Android app is just as simple to support as an IOS app. The key word there being correctly built.

Me I'll just continue to use the bandaided app ( which isn't tracked and reported beyond the download that some do, I have the apk so you won't even see that from me) for the following reasons. It loads faster, I don't have to login to it almost everytime, and it separates the graphs from the controls so I don't have to scroll for days to find the switch I'm trying to turn on or off.

I also have fusion setup for the way I want you see it on my large computer screen, no matter how I move things around on there it is never easy to find what I'm looking for on the mobile web app for fusion. So having an app that I know what I'm going to see no matter what new outlets or have been placed in fusion is a nice to have thing.

Sorry for getting on the soap box but I've seen all the posts about why not, and have not chimed in on my why's. Now you have them. I'll continue to sit back and watch now as I have been doing.

Frequent Visitor
    OOOHHHH need to get home to my ipad. I have an ipad 2 and the fusion log in was always a bit funny.... Yay. New App

Quote Originally Posted by Krazie4Acans View Post
    I'm running the old Android app on my devices (yes it works but it is a pain to setup without hardware buttons another discussion for another day). My discouragement is that the Android app has been around a long time and is the only reason that you need an IOS app and yet it's the one that got abandoned. Being an Android dev I can tell you for a fact that a correctly built Android app is just as simple to support as an IOS app. The key word there being correctly built.

Me I'll just continue to use the bandaided app ( which isn't tracked and reported beyond the download that some do, I have the apk so you won't even see that from me) for the following reasons. It loads faster, I don't have to login to it almost everytime, and it separates the graphs from the controls so I don't have to scroll for days to find the switch I'm trying to turn on or off.

I also have fusion setup for the way I want you see it on my large computer screen, no matter how I move things around on there it is never easy to find what I'm looking for on the mobile web app for fusion. So having an app that I know what I'm going to see no matter what new outlets or have been placed in fusion is a nice to have thing.

Sorry for getting on the soap box but I've seen all the posts about why not, and have not chimed in on my why's. Now you have them. I'll continue to sit back and watch now as I have been doing.
    Amen brother.. Amen...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast