Thread: Added a Gyre and two Jeboa PP20's

Frequent Visitor

Added a Gyre and two Jeboa PP20's

So my DT has Apex WAV pumps. Love them... Crazy strong. But my FT has a mix of cheap pumps that are always giving me trouble. When I could not beat Cyano in my FT, I decided to fix my flow issues. I love trying new products and comparing things I haven't tried. I also don't like investing too much in my frag system. I bought a Gyre XF250 with some store credit I had. I also has a few bucks in PayPal so I got two Jebao PP20's. Thats a total of 15000 GPH in my 60 gallon system. That will do...

After re-arranging my FT, giving it a good cleaning and removing excess rock. I set all these up. The gyre is nice. Apex control would be good but it does have some programability. But the Jebao's are worthless in the programming department. Cant even plug them into my eb8 and shut them down at night. The wireless connection is not maintained when plugged back in.

I am a control freak so, I guess I need to buy the apex interface.... Only $40 bucks... Wish Apex made an interface for these DC pumps...

Frequent Visitor
    Well got my pumps. Bought the apex interface for the jebaos ... I need a bigger power supply to run both PP20 pumps. But I am testing with one. Seems straight forward. Just an FYI 10% still has the pump off. Need to twerk it to find the lowest setting

I need to find an 8 amp power supply and splice the connector on it. Then I can read n both pumps. I know some folks use 6 amp . I like headroom on my power supplies.

Too bad the fire adapter is expensive. Probably won't get that...it seems to have pretty good control on its own. Just won't be able to sync the pumps...low priority purchase.