Thread: How do I disconnect a MP10 from the Apex WXM and find another MP40?

Frequent Visitor

How do I disconnect a MP10 from the Apex WXM and find another MP40?

I have my MP10 on my nano 14 gallon tank, and it is following the program for one of my MP40's on my 85 gallon tank. I have sand blowing all over the place, but my Acans love it and so does the rest of my corals. I just want to have my 2 MP40s hooked up and talking to each other while my MP 10 is on a different program.

Can anyone help me out and have me reset all 3 Vortechs and hook them up correctly?

Frequent Visitor
    Do you use the same Apex for both tanks?

You should have 3 Vortech outlets on the WXM. Identify which one is the MP10 and then just program it separately from the MP40s. The fact that it is on the same tank or another tank should not matter really. As long as you have separate profiles for it, you can program it independent from the MP40's

Frequent Visitor
    I have all different programs ready for each, but I am only showing 1. The MP10 is doing the same program as my MP40. I just want to reset my apex wxm and my MP10 and 2 MP40s. Start all over and go from there.

Frequent Visitor
    I actually have a MP40 still blinking blue and yellow

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Have you tried deleting the module from the Apex under the configuration menu?

Frequent Visitor
    No, wait what? OK so delete the module, unplug it from the system, then reply it in?

Frequent Visitor
    Replug*

Frequent Visitor
    That is what I would do. That should reset it. But do it through the module configuration menu in the Apex, not just unplug it. I have done this to reset energy bars when all the outlets were not recognized.

Frequent Visitor
    Do I simply delete it in Fusion?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jplreefer View Post
    Do I simply delete it in Fusion?

No, you cannot. You have to do it from the display or from the classic interface. Fusion is great for adjusting your settings, but it does not do configuration tasks.

Frequent Visitor
    Ok, so I deleted the module, it reconnected and now I am trying to connect all 3 pumps. First, I cleared the MP's (red/purple), then restarted pumps, then mode/set (red/white/blue), then mode (blue/yellow), but it does not connect to the WXM. How or what do I do now?

Frequent Visitor
    Ok, so I deleted the module, it reconnected and now I am trying to connect all 3 pumps. First, I cleared the MP's (red/purple), then restarted pumps, then mode/set (red/white/blue), then mode (blue/yellow), but it does not connect to the WXM. How or what do I do now?
    Make sure you only have one MP unit powered on when doing the reconnect so they do not interfere with each other. Once I got my two MP40's paired up with the WXM (blue/yellow), I did a restart on my Apex. After it restarted, the two MP40'2 were in my dashboard on Fusion.

Frequent Visitor
    I had to do a hard reset on my MP's in order for them to connect. Once I did that, they worked perfectly! Thanks for all your help!!!

New User

Resetting wxm without a controller only have fusion web based

How can I reset or re configure mp10 or reset can module without a Apex controller as I only have fusion web base

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz Mortlock View Post
    How can I reset or re configure mp10 or reset can module without a Apex controller as I only have fusion web base
    So you do not have an Apex controller, yet you have fusion? If you have an Apex, do you have the WXM module?

New User
    So you do not have an Apex controller, yet you have fusion? If you have an Apex, do you have the WXM module?
    Yes I have the wxm module

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I think Gaz Mortlock means that he does not have a display module.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz Mortlock View Post
    By “controller”, I’m guessing you mean a display module; the Apex base unit is actually the controller. What specifically are you wanting to do? You can do anything you need to do with a Vortech through Apex Local or Apex Fusion.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.