Thread: WAV Power Supply

Frequent Visitor

WAV Power Supply

Hi, im from Argentina and here we use 220 W 50 Hz for power supply.
    If i buy the WAV starter kit that comes with a 110 W 24 VCD and change it to one of 220W 24 VCD, i asume that i will have no problem.

The power supplies used in the WAV Starter Kits are universal - they accept 50Hz or 60Hz and 100-240 VAC input power. The only thing that is regional is the power cord.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    hello does that mean i can buy a wav starter kit while i am in the usa next week and bring it back and use it on my tank in the UK by just changing the power cable? that would save me a hell of a lot of money as the kit here is £700 and if i buy it in the usa it works out to £400

cheers

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by evil969 View Post
    hello does that mean i can buy a wav starter kit while i am in the usa next week and bring it back and use it on my tank in the UK by just changing the power cable? that would save me a hell of a lot of money as the kit here is £700 and if i buy it in the usa it works out to £400

cheers
    The biggest issue with buying Neptune products out of region like what you are thinking of doing is if need to send it in for repair you would have to ship it to the US to Neptune, Neptune does not ship internationally so they would ship to an address in the US and that person would need to ship the unit back to you in London.
    Jon

Frequent Visitor
    Neptune has been helpful to me with email remote support chasing down an FMM issue. I am based in Dubai. As Russ says the Neptune 24V power supplies are universal.

I would add that most of the Neptune modules are low cost enough that I have resorted to buying extra modules to keep as spares for a fast module swap to avoid a prolonged downtime waiting for a repair in the event of a failure (as can and will happen).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk