Thread: Using ALD sensors with FMM

Regular Vistor

Using ALD sensors with FMM

I purchased several leak sensor for use with the ALD module, however, since I have not yet bought the ALD unit I'd rather get the FMM since it does more and it's finally available. The ALD leak sensors and the FMM leak sensors seem identical expect for the plug. Is there any documentation on adapting the phone jack style connector to the 3.5mm style connector? I just would need to know which wires are equivalent on each connector.

Thanks,
    Harry

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    I asked on this one and a very reputable source advised me that there isn't an adapter available. DIY only apparently.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Muscle View Post
    I purchased several leak sensor for use with the ALD module, however, since I have not yet bought the ALD unit I'd rather get the FMM since it does more and it's finally available.
    Since you already have "several" ALD leak sensors and are interested in the FMM because it "does more", consider that both modules have 4 ports. If you get the FMM and adapt your leak senators somehow, you'll tie up FMM ports that you could otherwise use for flow and/or optical sensors. Why not get both an ALD and a FMM? That would give you greater flexibility in the long run and preserve your investment made in the ALD sensors with no need modify them.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Since you already have "several" ALD leak sensors and are interested in the FMM because it "does more", consider that both modules have 4 ports. If you get the FMM and adapt your leak senators somehow, you'll tie up FMM ports that you could otherwise use for flow and/or optical sensors. Why not get both an ALD and a FMM? That would give you greater flexibility in the long run and preserve your investment made in the ALD sensors with no need modify them.
    I guess I should probably clarify ... got three leak sensors ... so if I got the FMM I would have one port available for an optical sensor which would come in very handy and the 24V port for a solenoid valve. Getting both an ALD and FMM would be spending money for nothing since I don't need more than what the FMM offers at the moment.

I was expecting that this would be a DIY solution, a pretty simple one actually. Just need to know if anyone has figured out what the equivalent wires are between the two connector types.

Thanks,
    Harry

I hear ya - but once you get one optical sensor, you'll probably want another. And another...
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Harry Muscle - did you figure this one out? I have a ALD Probe that I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. I've asked if I can plug it into the 2016 EB832 or Base Unit directly or if a ALD module is actually required. I'm starting to feel like it is, thus if I must go buy a ALD... maybe I can buy a FMM instead for the additional benefits.