Thread: Using Ph to turn on dosing pump?

New User

Using Ph to turn on dosing pump?

Hey all, hopefully someone could chime in regarding the programming for my BRS 1.1ml dosing pump. I dose with vinegar during the winter months due to the high CO2 in my basement because of the furnace. Although I have my skimmer intake bringing in air from outside, my ph still hovers are 8.5 or higher. I would like to set my pump to turn on when the ph reaches a certain level (i.e. 8.5) to dose some vinegar for no more than 10 min. I understand using the code, when ph >8.5 then ON, but how do I set the pump to shut off after 10 min? Appreciate any help.

Frequent Visitor
    Man U posted the topic tht relates to me too I have the exact same situation as u. Does dosing with vinegar helps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Wrong post my ph is lower oops

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by ReefAble View Post
    Wrong post my ph is lower oops

I use kalk to raise my ph but i havent been using anything other that R/O water since my basement keeps it on the high end.

Frequent Visitor
    Thts weird as ph is usually low in the basement due to high CO2 specially in the furnace room. I have the same issue but luckily the ph in my display is around 8 since it is upstairs.

New User
    My other tanka on the second floor jave stable ph between 8.1 n 8.4. But the basement has high co2 but only when tje heat comes on

CO2 decreases pH. Your elevated pH is not due to CO2.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Yes ur correct ive been adding the vinegar n seltzer to lower the ph. But not sure y the ph is so high

New User
    Hello, I have the same issue. My current tank is in my basement. There is very low CO2, and most the activity is upstairs with people breathing etc. My PH sky rockets when I travel for work, actually within a day it reaches 8.5. I have been dosing Seltzer when home and Vinegar (with no negative effects that I see) I now have my doser connected to vinegar so I can manually DOS when I get an alert that my PH is high. Would be great to set this up to automatically dose. Your issue is low CO2 for sure. Bringing in the outside air will also raise the PH since the outside concentration is low compared to inside of your home (when people are home). When I have a party or everyone is hanging out in the basement the PH plumets. It is crazy how sensitive my tank gets to this. I plan to dose, I may actually add a CO2 canister down the road and control it with the Apex. Good luck! Programming ideas would be great.

Regular Vistor
    I posted a very similar question in the other dos section. I would like to slightly change (3-5 ml/day) the dosing amounts based on the previous days pH range. This is important for smaller tanks that use C02 scrubbers. I am just starting to think of possible ways to program. My problem is figuring out a simply way to modify OSC statements based on three virtual outlets (variables: low range, medium range, high range) or go the tdata route. I don't know how tdata is coded but that is the code you get using the advanced tab with the dos interface.