Thread: FMM module OS-1 setup with solenoid valve

New User

FMM module OS-1 setup with solenoid valve

Is there documents any where how to use the OS-1 in programming? Have FMM module setup and working with flow. I want to use optical sensor as a dry sensor to shut off solenoid valve (SV-1) to shut off RO water line to RO water container. Help!!

Frequent Visitor
    It's easy enough, plug the OS-1 in, shoot over to the classic dashboard and ensure it's set up as an optical sensor. Rename as you wish, head back over to the main screen or Fusion, add the newly created tile. Then, you can reference the switch as you would any other switch, dry is open and wet is closed. Does this help?

New User
    I don't see any tile for OS-1. There is new tile for flow of FLX6-1 and an new tile that says LINKA-6_1.

Frequent Visitor
    Did you set the input type to optical sensor in the classic dashboard?

New User
    Yes, Port 4 is set to optical sensor in classic dashboard. I just double checked it.

Frequent Visitor
    Try reloading fusion? I need to do that when I add new tiles as well.

New User
    What tile came up for you when you added optical sensor? I have a LinkA_6_1 switch that says it is for 24V. Assuming that is what will turn on and off soleniod valve.

Frequent Visitor
    Ya. I'll post screenshots when I get to my home pc.

Frequent Visitor
    You should see SwxYY_ZZ, where YY is the module # of the FMM and ZZ is the port it's plugged into on the FMM unit itself

Is your FMM SW rev 005?

New User
    Okay that makes sense. So the sensor in my setup is SWX6_4 being port 4 on the FMM. So I am going to assume that the solenoid is controlled by the new outlet that came up as LinkA_6_1. I will program that to shut off solenoid valve SV-1 with:

Set OFF
    If Swx6_4 CLOSED Then OFF

Now when OS-1 get wet it will be closed meaning RO container is full and turns solenoid valve off shutting off water from RO unit. Sounds good?

Frequent Visitor
    Yes!!! Good news I assume you have the power supply and the SV-1? But yeah, the LinkA_6_1 would be the outlet you use to control the SV-1

Technically that will work, but you should consider adding some additional statements to prevent cycling of the valve on and off, like a min time statement.

Set OFF
    Fallback OFF
    If Swx6_4 CLOSED THEN OFF
    Min time 360:00 Then off

This way, you will fill your container and not cycle it back on the second the switch opens. Personally, i have a 12g RODI container and I only fill it a couple days a week.

Gents, these programs have nothing to ever turn the outlet ON
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Hah, I suppose that would help

There are may ways to do this, perhaps a simple If TIME statement to fill your RO container for a couple hours each day?

Set OFF
    Fallback OFF
    If TIME 06:00 to 10:00 THEN ON
    If Swx6_4 CLOSED THEN OFF
    Min time 360:00 Then off

Good catch, hah.

New User
    I want to do the same setup I have the OS-1 optical sensors and the SV-1 solenoid . Can you please post pictures of the setup like how you mounted the optical sensors and the solenoid . Thank you

Regular Vistor
    if I'm JUST trying to set up the OS-1 in my reservoir to tell me when it's almost empty, how do I write up the script? Currently, I have the optical sensor sitting down at the bottom, near the bottom, of the reservoir and pointing down. I wanted to tell me when the reservoir is almost empty, or empty.

Frequent Visitor
    Add a line to your alarm coding:

If (Inset switch name here) OPEN THEN ON

Quote Originally Posted by boneless3vil View Post
    if I'm JUST trying to set up the OS-1 in my reservoir to tell me when it's almost empty, how do I write up the script? Currently, I have the optical sensor sitting down at the bottom, near the bottom, of the reservoir and pointing down. I wanted to tell me when the reservoir is almost empty, or empty.
    There’s a Task in APEX Fusion to do this for you.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Russ, that's a great feature, and I just looked to try it out, but unless I'm missing something, it seems the task is only for probes.
    Please point me to the correct task, I want to try it.
    TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Member No 1 View Post
    Russ, that's a great feature, and I just looked to try it out, but unless I'm missing something, it seems the task is only for probes.
    Please point me to the correct task, I want to try it.
    TIA
    There are Tasks for much more than just probes. Where are you looking?

Tasks are reached by clicking this button:

The Task I referred to is called ATK - Low Water. And you don’t actually have to have an ATK; it can be used as long as you have a FMM and optical sensor, for example if you bought a FMK and added a OS.

Frequent Visitor
    I was there but looking at the Probe Alarm task. Figured optical sensors would fall under that category, or at least have a category as Optical Alarm or Switch Task.
    Since looking closer, I now see it under ATK - Low Water.
    Thanks for the info

Frequent Visitor
    While the ATK - Low Water Task will add an alarm like there OP wanted, it also will modify the Outlet to turn the ATO off.
    You have the option to select if you want an Alarm programmed, but not is you want the ATO outlet unchanged.

Maybe a future enhancement for Fusion would be to Task Alarms based on input for various switches (BOB), optical sensors or probes.

Argh! Yeah, you are right in that the Task does more than just what was needed here. Sorry - I brainfarted big time. Acute Caffeine Deficiency Syndrome.... please pardon and ignore my pre-coffee blather.

Frequent Visitor
    LOL... I have one of those moments every Monday morning!