Thread: Help clearing apex and few ???

Frequent Visitor

Help clearing apex and few ???

So I had a bunch of things tiles I think there called show up on my apex fusion when I tried unsuccessfully to hook up my radions to my apex using a vdm
    Any way theirs so much stuff on there now and I'd like a fresh start I'm currently only using 3 outlets on my eb8 can I save just them and erase the rest for fresh start ?
    Thank you for ur help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Also other related ? Can I re name the outlets to what they control ?

I'm guessing that you are using an apex classic because you mentioned the eb8. In order to remove outlets from the classic you need to use the classic desktop (aka apex:local) webpage to remove the extra modules and outlets. Once they are removed from there the tiles will no longer show up in Fusion.

Yes, you can rename the outlets. Click the gear Icon next to the outlet name and then change the name on the outlet configuration screen. Don't forget to upload the changes (cloud icon on the top left of the page). Characters are limited in the outlet names so you may have to get creative.

Quote Originally Posted by MattL22 View Post
    ....when I tried unsuccessfully to hook up my radions to my apex using a vdm
    Radons connect to an Apex through a WXM, not a VDM. Did you mean WXM?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Hi thanks krazie I'll try that

Hi Russ ment wxm sorry I gave up on it I had an apple lap top and just couldn't get it to work

Krazie ty for the info
    Do u think just re starting may be the way to go as the re r so many things on the apex now and I'm not even sure what's the normal page should look like

Here's how it looks now I'm currently only using 3 outlets for dosing but would like to clear it up start programming alerts and fail safes

Restarting won't do anything. You need to remove the outlets from the classic dashboard. You can get to that by opening your browser and either typing apex or the IP address for your apex in the address bar.

Please clarify - which outlets do you want to remove?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    I guess I'd like to remove everything except the 8 outlets on my eb8 and # 31-32 my wav ?

Does that make sense bare with me I'm just so terrible with computers border line computer literate ....

So get rid of 1-6 not sure how they got there maybe when I was trying to hook up radion as the wxm was bought used ?
    And
    15-30
    33-42
    Again not sure how they ended up there but regardless if I have no use for them atm I'd like to remove them and add things like alerts etc

Frequent Visitor
    Ty both again really appreciate u taking time out of ur day to help me out

Frequent Visitor
    Don't think you can mass erase certain outlets, but I have seen threads on reinitializing units when bought used. If you do that, copy and past the code for the outlets you want to save into a word document, then back once reset.

The 7 base_???? outputs are those built into the Apex itself - they are the 4 variable (AKA VarSpeed) outputs, and the 3 alert/alarm outputs - you cannot delete them. You can hide unused ones.

I cannot tell what the ones at 6_# are; it looks like an EnergyBar though. How many EnergyBars do you actually have?

The six at 7_# are the 4 variables and 2 serial outputs on the VDM; they cannot be deleted, only hidden.

LinkA_8_1 and LinkB_8_2 are the ACC/DC24 outputs on the 1LINK module; they cannot be deleted, only hidden

The Vortech and Radions outputs are a bit different - they may be deleted if there is no corresponding pump or light in use. How many of each do you actually have? Post a screen shot of the Modules page; we can use that to offer better guidance about these outputs.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The 7 base_???? outputs are those built into the Apex itself - they are the 4 variable (AKA VarSpeed) outputs, and the 3 alert/alarm outputs - you cannot delete them. You can hide unused ones.

I cannot tell what the ones at 6_# are; it looks like an EnergyBar though. How many EnergyBars do you actually have?

The six at 7_# are the 4 variables and 2 serial outputs on the VDM; they cannot be deleted, only hidden.

LinkA_8_1 and LinkB_8_2 are the ACC/DC24 outputs on the 1LINK module; they cannot be deleted, only hidden

The Vortech and Radions outputs are a bit different - they may be deleted if there is no corresponding pump or light in use. How many of each do you actually have? Post a screen shot of the Modules page; we can use that to offer better guidance about these outputs.
    am missing 2 alarms, how can I find them? i already unplugged eb832 and eb8 and rebooted apex and can't find the sndalrm and sndwrn. any way to get them back?
    i

Quote Originally Posted by Nycluis View Post
    am missing 2 alarms, how can I find them? i already unplugged eb832 and eb8 and rebooted apex and can't find the sndalrm and sndwrn. any way to get them back?
    i
    From the APEX Fusion Release Notes:

Snd_tiles.png

Regular Vistor
    thanks russ