Thread: Apex disconnected - interesting

Frequent Visitor

Apex disconnected - interesting

So this happens maybe once every couple of weeks and I just hit the reset button on the router to "fix" it. What's interesting though is it looks like fusion is still getting data.. just won't let me in. Look at the photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    I have been seeing this more often as well and I had been getting hearbeat notifications that my device is disconnected. Yet I can verify from my home controller that everything is still running and I can log into Classic when I am home while Fusion is not working. The best irony is Classic will report "Fusion OK". I have just accepted this to be an issue with my ISP as no one else is having the issue with Fusion and everything else on my unit is working fine. This is also why I have stuck to my design philosophy of not programing anything on my Apex unit that requires the Fusion interface. Everything is programed via the advanced settings so that I can always view/modify the program via Classic...or in worse case, the display unit.

I would love to hear if anyone else has this issue of has found a cause for it.

In the meantime, verify your base unit is reporting the "Fusion OK". If not, you have a network issue that must be resolved first. If it is reported OK, you may have to create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by clsanchez77 View Post
    This is also why I have stuck to my design philosophy of not programing anything on my Apex unit that requires the Fusion interface. Everything is programed via the advanced settings so that I can always view/modify the program via Classic...or in worse case, the display unit.
    You realize that just because one of the fusion wizards helps you program it you can still read it and modify it in the classic dashboard, right? Tables might be a little confusing at first but once you understand what they are doing you can modify the table by hand just like any other advanced code on the apex.

Seeing "fusion ok" on the classic dashboard does not really indicate that they are actively communicating. It just means that a link between the apex and fusion has been created and that they communicated at some point. The Heartbeat is the only thing actively tries to verify active communication between fusion and the apex.

Having the classic dashboard working at home and fusion not working is an indication that the router or your ISP are not allowing the communication to your apex. If you had ports forwarded on your router to allow the classic dashboard to work outside your home network you would most likely not be able to access that while fusion reports is is disconnected as well. I would suspect that you do have some type or router or ISP issue that is causing this to happen intermittently.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsinki View Post
    So this happens maybe once every couple of weeks and I just hit the reset button on the router to "fix" it. What's interesting though is it looks like fusion is still getting data.. just won't let me in. Look at the photo.

Those numbers you see behind are cached information from the last time fusion could communicate with your apex. They are not accurate for the current time. You could verify this by checking the numbers you can see with the numbers on the display or the classic dashboard before you reset your router. I'm pretty confident that you will notice they are not correct for the current time.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazie4Acans View Post
    Those numbers you see behind are cached information from the last time fusion could communicate with your apex. They are not accurate for the current time. You could verify this by checking the numbers you can see with the numbers on the display or the classic dashboard before you reset your router. I'm pretty confident that you will notice they are not correct for the current time.
    I'm not sure I agree.. look at the photo below, you can see updated data

Quote Originally Posted by hellsinki View Post
    I'm not sure I agree.. look at the photo below, you can see updated data

Then you most likely have an intermittent communication. If you click on the Diagnose button you should see times of disconnection. If the fusion is able to establish communication with the apex it will update the info to the time of that communication but that still does not mean that it is communicating at the current moment.

I thought this same thing when fusion first got released and I was having a ton of issues staying connected. It always looked like I was getting live data but in fact I was getting recent data due to repeated disconnections.

Frequent Visitor
    I'm not seeing any times of disconnection under diagnostics, but it seems that fusion is updating. I know it's easy to fix by resetting my router, just seems odd that the data updates, yet It won't let me in

Frequent Visitor
    Looks like Fusion received an entire day's worth of data, but according to the app Apex hasn't been connected to it hmm

Frequent Visitor
    I started having this today but I can connect to my classic dashboard over the internet from remote so it's not an.isp issue not my router. I have been i in the internet business for over 25 yrs

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I began having the same problem a few days ago, I tried everything (restart, checked Apex Fusion settings, etc), I have also updated my Apex Jr. Classic firmware to its latest version (4.51J_2E17), but no avail. I am still unable to connect via Fusion. Everything works fine if I connect via the standard web panel, either from within my network or from outside. But it's Fusion which appears broken.

Any ideas??!

Ok, problem solved: I had to create a new Apex link.

1. Just click on your username at the top-right of your Fusion account.

2. Select "Link Apex"

3. Go on your Apex control dashboard web page (your own on your network) and find the Apex Fusion link token (if you don't see it, click the "edit" link and add that button to your dashboard)

4. Put the token link into the Link Token on the Fusion page.

5. That's it!

Now you can delete the old Apex, not working record.

Frequent Visitor
    I just have the same problem today. Did you have to reset the apex so it will generate a new token for you to enter to fusion?

Thank you

Frequent Visitor
    I recently replaced my router and am getting the same error.
    I forgot what port I used to forward previously and now can't access.

Frequent Visitor
    The port forwarding is only needed if you use the app, Fusion does not need that.... However, my friend recently changed a new modem/router and she had the same issue. I didn't ask why......She was using Fusion also...Not many people are using port forwarding nowadays...

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ngvu1 View Post
    The port forwarding is only needed if you use the app, Fusion does not need that.... However, my friend recently changed a new modem/router and she had the same issue. I didn't ask why......She was using Fusion also...Not many people are using port forwarding nowadays...
    Thanks. I'm gonna start a fresh post. Can't figure out how to get connected again with or without port forwarding. Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by ngvu1 View Post
    I just have the same problem today. Did you have to reset the apex so it will generate a new token for you to enter to fusion?

Thank you
    I think so, I did what I wrote above after updating the firmware, so I guess the Apex gave me a new token.

Frequent Visitor riverchemistry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fablau View Post
    I think so, I did what I wrote above after updating the firmware, so I guess the Apex gave me a new token.
    If something similar happens to anyone. Reset your APEX. Go to the aquacontroller display and go to SYSTEM> NETSETUP> RESTART. When the system comes back up either the 'APEXFUSION' menu item is going to say OK as in connected or it's going to offer you a new token.

Click on the offer for a new token and see if it actually gives you one. In my experience, sometimes it doesn't. It tries and kind of "realizes" you're already connected and reconnects to fusion on it's own. To a lesser extend it actually gives you another token you'll need to link up.