Thread: Remote ATO

New User

Remote ATO

So this question is not directly Apex related, but I will be using it to control the pumps. Building a new tank and want to run the ATO remotely from my garage instead of having a reservoir under the stand or beside the tank.

I just ran the lines through the attic today (1/4 inch) and they are inside pool hose to stop the lines from sweating. Also have a high point so the water should drain out and not hold heat.

My question is on the pump required to be able to do this. I have the apex reservoir pump which is rated at 14 ft head, but I'm not sure this will be able to push the water. The height is not much over 14ft and should be under 16ft, but the distance is 65-75 ft that is will have to go. Typical range house single story but garage is on one side and living room is on the other.

Wondering if anyone else has done a similar setup or has some thoughts.

Thanks,

The PMUP will not pump up to a height > 14'. This is a situation where a peristaltic pump would be best.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Any recommendations? I also thought of testing a couple of the Simplicity pumps, like the 1600 or 2100.

Thoughts,

Frequent Visitor
    I use a BRS 50ML/min dosing pump. My ATO reserve is in the basement and the pump and tank are on the first floor. it pulls the water up 10 feet then through the basement ceiling another 10 or so feet, the peristaltic pump is always primed so there is no draining back to the basement but I added a check valve for piece of mind.