Thread: Controlling Jebao DCS 5000 Return + two Jebao PP-8s and two Jebao PP-4s

New User

Question Controlling Jebao DCS 5000 Return + two Jebao PP-8s and two Jebao PP-4s

Hello,

I recently purchased an Apex Classic and would appreciate any guidance on the following scenario:

I have a Jebao DCS return pump and 4 Jebao wavemakers, each with a Jebao controller. One of the wavemakers is set to Master, and 3 of them are set to Slave and they work great in tandem to create constructive waves. My motivation to program the Apex to turn off the return pump, and set the wavemakers to low, when on feedmode. I'd also like to automate feedmode when on vacation and program my Eheim automatic feeder to execute at the same time.

1) Has anyone found a way to link a DCS return pump yet? Trying to control the pump via the EB8 outlet has proved to be extremely unreliable (and dangerous) as the pump reboots but doesn't alwaysturn on. I need to power cycle it manually to go back on and then manually adjust the flow rate. Obviously this wont work when I'm on vacation.

2) If I buy an Apex-Jebao adapter, can I control the one Master and have the other Slave ones follow the Master wirelessly (thus allowing me to use the other channel for my DCS return pump)? Or will I need to buy two Apex-Jebao adapters and have 2 wavemakers on each adapter?

Thanks!
    Tian

New User
    Friendly bump.

You can't do master/slave with 0-10V control, so you need 1 adapter for every 2 pumps and will need to recreate the modes on the Jebao with profiles (waves are easy, else is very difficult).

I dont know the answer myself about how to control the DCS with the apex.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Thanks Zombie. I was really hoping to be able to use just the one adapter. It's also too bad that the Jebao controller can't be used at the same time - I really like having the direct control.

I'll keep looking around for examples of the DCS being used with the adapter.