Thread: EB8 Won't Work with GFCI

New User

EB8 Won't Work with GFCI

I cannot get my EB8 to work with a GFCI outlet. The outlet has power because when I plug other things into it (light, Aquabus etc.) they all work. I've even tried switching GFCIs to make sure it was't a defect in the outlet itsel. No dice. However, when I plug the EB8 in to a normal, non-GFCI outlet it works fine. What is going on and how can I get my EB8 to work with a GCFI?

So the EB8 has nothing plugged into it and it still trips the GFCI? If so then I think you're probably looking at a support ticket, it seems like you've troubleshot it pretty well otherwise.

New User
    It doesn't actually trip the GCFI. When I plugh the EB8 into a GCFI outlet it behaves as if it is getting no power, even though I'm certain there is current flowing from both outlets of the GFCI as the green status light on the outlet is lit. I can even hear the relay switches click when I plug the EB8 into the GFCI (it's definitely not the GFCI tripping that I hear). However, if I then plug a piece of equipment into any of the outlets on the EB8 nothing works. All of this goes away and everything works fine when I plug the EB8 into a non-GFCI outlet.

That is strange, someone with more electrical knowledge than me might have an idea. I'd go ahead and open a ticket with support, if nothing else maybe they've seen this behavior before and can point you towards a solution even if it isn't Apex related.