Thread: Apex disconnects daily

New User

Apex disconnects daily

I really like my new Apex system and hope to solve my disconnection problem so I can continue to monitor things with my iPhone when away from home and traveling. My Apex says the network signal strength is 94-100 percent, but Apex randomly disconnects daily. Sometimes it reconnects itself after a few hours and sometimes it doesn't. It always reconnects when I boot the system with a paperclip, but I obviously cannot do that when away from home. When it reconnects my email message says it was a power problem. Because of that I installed separate heavy duty UPS with battery backup for my computer/modem/router and one for my Apex, but that didn't correct the Apex disconnection problem. I am not able to connect Apex to my router via Ethernet cable because of home logistics.

My home WiFi network has two thermostats and two surveillance cameras connected via WiFi. I had a disconnection problem with a camera but could correct that through the router software by reserving the ISP address and setting up port forwarding. That approach does not seem to work for preventing disconnections by Apex. My cable modem and router are new with the right specs and updated firmware. Apex firmware is also current. What else can I try? Should I contact support for a possible defect? Thanks

Frequent Visitor
    I don't have a solution but am dealing with the same issue. Brand new Apex 2016. New router. Access point in the same room, signal strength 100% according to Apex but it's disconnecting several times an hour. I've tried setting up a static IP address with no improvement. Support suggested that it may be my ISP, but I ran an ethernet cable across the living room and had no issues with that, so that leads me to believe it's the Apex. I'll try to let you know if I figure anything out.

New User
    I had a dodgy phone line and apex would disconnect/reconnect multiple times a day. Got phone line issue resolved and now Apex rock solid. Have you tried getting your phone line supply company check your line etc?

New User
    Thanks. I don't use phone line and have a cable modem, which checks out perfectly with great reception. Just went to MACNA convention and got some info at Neptune booth. Sounds like they have a team working on wifi issues for possible software update. I hope they issue an update.

Frequent Visitor
    I'm in the same boat. When you say you had a dodgy phone line I assume you have a DSL connection? We have a cable modem - I suppose it could be a bad connection there, but we haven't had any other issues, and when I used an ethernet cable to convert it to a hard wired connection the connection problems disappeared, so it's something with the wifi connection. I've been working with tech support at the company that makes the router to see if there's anything on that side that could be causing the issues but no luck so far. I'm fairly certain that it's an issue with the Apex. Hopefully Neptune can figure things out.

Regular Vistor
    I had the same problem with my 2016 Apex disconnecting from Fusion at least once a day on a hardwired connection to my router. After several weeks of back and forth with Neptune support the last thing they changed was the IP. The took it out of the normal range and it has not disconnected ever since. Its been 3 weeks now.

Example: 192.168.0.222

I've had the same problem today. Diagnostic said it disconnected 31 times in last 24 hours.
    House is wireless, no phone lines and logistically cannot run hard line. Hope Neptune gets this worked out. Should I call support. Sounds like they've helped. Did reboot help resolve it just a temp fix?

New User
    I’m happy to say that the last software update to the Apex operating system fixed the disconnection problem completely. It hasn’t disconnected since.