Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FMM Fluid sensor doubts

While searching for an answer to my situation, I cameacross this thread. I have a RS 750 XXL that I just started up with anApex 2016 and Flow meter/FMM. It has a Sicce SDC 9 return pump and the flowmeter installed with 1" vinyl tubing on each end. The pump iscurrently running at about 40%. My Apex shows the flow meter reading0. I'm not sure if there is back pressure causing the flap to stay open. I say this because on the exit end of the return, I installed loc linewith the small exits on each segment. I have turned the pump onand off to see if this dislodges the flap, with no luck. My next courseof action is to remove this loc line and install the stock one and see if itmakes a difference. If that doesn't work I will have to disconnect thepump and manually dislodge the flap. (Could not load picture of the loc line)

Frequent Visitor
    Only time I saw a zero was it was in backwards or I had power to near the wire.

Frequent Visitor
    not sure what you mean by flap? If it's spinning backwards or reading 0, try stopping the return pump and starting it again that usually fixes it. if it's still not working, you may have to take it apart and check things out and make sure its not clogged or blocked by something.

i'd personally ditch the vinyl tubing and locline - both of these things do nothing good for your flow rate. locline reduces you to 3/4 and i can tell you right now i was losing like 200gph from going 1" to 3/4 for locline. Just hard plumb it with some 90s, ditch the locline.

FMM Fluid sensor doubts

I’ve removed the loc line and went with a simple splitter but still no change. I also restarted it several times and separated the wire from any power wires but that didn’t help. I’m forced to have to take it off the pump and check the part that turns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    My issue with the FS-100 is a little different. If I configure the FMM's input as a 2" probe, I get around 980gph, however if I switch it to a 1" probe (which it should be since it's a FS-100), then it will show I'm pushing about 200gph. I've emailed support for help on the topic, but is there a chance I'm simply exceeding the 1500gph numbers on the FS-100? I am running a Varios8, which is rated for 2700Ghph at about 65%, 3ft-ish head loss, and 1.25" plumbing to a tee feeding my 1" manifold (currently pulling about 75gph to my fuge) and 1" return (reduced to 0.75 after the flow meter since it's a Reefer 525xl).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12