Thread: 2 ?'s - Flickering outlet, missing text on display

New User

2 ?'s - Flickering outlet, missing text on display

I have the original Apex, purchased back in 2011. Its been faithful right up until recently.

Question 1 - Outlet 1 on the EB8 recently started turning off/on no matter what the state it (On/Off/Auto). I thought maybe it was a low current LED Sump Light that I was using, but that light still works faithfully on all other Triac outlets. It also "flickers" with a 4 bulb T5 fixture connected to it, so it leads me away from believing that the sump light is the issue.

Am I correct in assuming the Triac has gone bad? Replacing the Triac is easy, just want to confirm my thoughts.

Question 2 - My Display text will always lose lines when scrolling up or down in the menus. I'm not even sure where to start with this issue. Sometimes there no issue at all while other times it will lose a few lines. Once I do get to my selected line, I center button to change status, and the text will disappear again, or sometimes go to another line.

Thoughts?

Image of the display when the problem occurs:
    apex.jpg

Thx!

Frequent Visitor riverchemistry's Avatar
    The outlet could be experiencing some issues. Does it still flicker if that outlet is in the OFF mode with something plugged in? or is it only flickering when in the ON mode? Try OFF only. Plug a lamp into it. See if that light flickers in the OFF. If it did than likely a bad outlet. contact neptune support.

The display might need an update. Depends. I've seen this before. Go to the display here and go to SETUP> MODULE SETUP> MODULE UPDATE> DISPLAY. if you see more than (1) display than you have duplicates for some reason. Go one by one until you find the real display and when you do the screen will shut down and go dark. Then come back. then test this out.