Thread: Help - Unable to send anything to Fusion

Regular Vistor

Help - Unable to send anything to Fusion

Hi, I'm unable to get most things to respond in Fusion. Everything appears to be running fine but I was looking to reprogram my lights (EcoTech Gen3 connected to a WXM) and every time I enter a new program it responds with Send Failed

Timed out waiting for Apex response

I also went into Apex Misc and clicked to have the Apex reboot but it responds with the same thing. It looks that it's doing this for all that are attached, I tried changing the program for one if my WAV pumps and same thing.

Thank you

Regular Vistor
    I manually restarted with a paper clip pushing the rest button on the base unit. Now it appears to work but this is the second time in a row I've had to restart it to adjust the programming. First time it let me rest it through Fusion. Anyone know something I can do to fix this so I'm not doing this every time?

Frequent Visitor
    Just experienced this my self and was wondering if anything could help as I do not like cycling my apex out of fear of not understanding if its going to eventually harm things.
    I am in the process of getting a constant IP address for my apex after having to reboot my router Last night and my apex due to no connection with fusion even though my unit is hard lined to the router.
    Now tonight I can view anything in Fusion I want to but trying to up the dose In my DOS pumps and I'm getting the same error listed above when saving the new values.
    Send Failed
    Timed out waiting on Apex to respond.

How is it I can manually control things and pretty much do anything I want but save new programming ??

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterLa View Post
    Just experienced this my self and was wondering if anything could help as I do not like cycling my apex out of fear of not understanding if its going to eventually harm things.
    I am in the process of getting a constant IP address for my apex after having to reboot my router Last night and my apex due to no connection with fusion even though my unit is hard lined to the router.
    Now tonight I can view anything in Fusion I want to but trying to up the dose In my DOS pumps and I'm getting the same error listed above when saving the new values.
    Send Failed
    Timed out waiting on Apex to respond.

How is it I can manually control things and pretty much do anything I want but save new programming ??
    Rebooting the apex wont cause any harm and is helpful to do somewhat regularly.

The behavior you are seeing is typically associated with a poor connection but not a full disconnect. Have you tried a different ethernet cord? That one could be damaged potentially.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Rebooting the apex wont cause any harm and is helpful to do somewhat regularly.

The behavior you are seeing is typically associated with a poor connection but not a full disconnect. Have you tried a different ethernet cord? That one could be damaged potentially.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for letting me know that I wont mess up anything or lead to major failure by resetting the main.
    The cord I'm using is a new Cat 6 I believe and is run through my walls from the router and to the wall for my tank. Brand new cord, Well close to half a year or so and was used with great success with my classic unit.
    I think with this new unit my router is changing the IP address more often so I need to set a constant one. I am of the ''intelligent '' variety when it comes down to this stuff LOL. Slow learner here.

I will reset the unit again to gain access to it through fusion and make things a bit easier on myself changing programming as needed.
    I do appreciate You being on late and for answering so many questions others tend to think everyone should know.