Thread: regretting purchasing 2016! please help salinity probe issues

New User

regretting purchasing 2016! please help salinity probe issues

Three days ago my eb832 would not work then apex ph probe will not calibrate now salinity probe will not calibrate! Any advice or reccomendations on how to get this probe to calibrate. have tried manually through apex displayit settles on 0090 almost instantly. when i try automatic probe calibration it will not go past dry calibration. it immediately says settle but never acceptable range i updated firmware im running 5.01_2E17 Any help would be appreciated
    Have never gotten salinity probe wet yet

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Andypeck831 View Post
    Three days ago my eb832 would not work then apex ph probe will not calibrate now salinity probe will not calibrate! Any advice or reccomendations on how to get this probe to calibrate. have tried manually through apex displayit settles on 0090 almost instantly. when i try automatic probe calibration it will not go past dry calibration. it immediately says settle but never acceptable range i updated firmware im running 5.01_2E17 Any help would be appreciated
    Have never gotten salinity probe wet yet
    Andy,
    This sounds a bit outside of what the forum can handle. I would suggest contacting Apex support. They have responded pretty quickly to requests I've had that are technical like this.

One note for when you do get it to work. I had issues getting accurate readings over time. I found that keeping the probe vent hole above the water line allows air bubbles to escape. It's those air bubbles that throw the reading off. Mine has been very accurate for a couple months now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    please dont take this wrong did u take the covers off the probes or did u let them dry out

Regular Vistor
    Is the apex linked to fusion

New User
    I bought Apex 2 weeks ago. After colibrating probe on the first day it never showed correct readings. Somewhere on the forum I red that you should try to let it run for a week or 2 in your tank and then calibrate it and it will work. Sure enough after 2 weeks I calibrated it again and reading spot on for 3 days.

New User
    Mine had he same problem out of the box. I also waited a week, then recalibrated. When you calibrate it, be sure to float the calibration solution in your tank or sump for an hour or so to match temperature. When you're ready to calibrate, put the temp probe in the calibration solution during the whole calibration process. After that, mine has been spot on.

NSI Member
    Good to know that I'm not alone. My 2 week old Apex also fails automatic calibration of the salinity probe. I'll have to give it another go.

New User
    I'm also having the same problem. It says it settles but always says out of range

New User
    I have the same problem also, so what can i use now for calibration solution to do the calibration with

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz Mortlock View Post
    I have the same problem also, so what can i use now for calibration solution to do the calibration with
    Read the article by Randy Holmes Farley on conductivity calibration solution. It wont be exact, but it's close enough to get you within a ppt or so.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.