Thread: 1/2" flow sensor: BSPP 1/2" to 1/2" push fit connector?

Frequent Visitor

1/2" flow sensor: BSPP 1/2" to 1/2" push fit connector?

I'm searching everywhere to simplify hookup of the 1/2" Neptune Flow sensor to my 1/2" hose connected to my BRS reactors.

Ideally, I want a BSPP female thread adapter to connect to the reactor's 1/2" tubing via push-fit.

I found this item, and it looks perfect for this setup, without needing extra PVC pipes and adapters. Will this work? My flow sensors are en route.

Edit: the image below appears to be a generic one as they use the same image for all of the fittings in this section, but the specs look right.
    DMfit AFAB0707F Female BSP Connector - 1/2" Push-in x 1/2" BSP(P) flat inside

1476.jpg

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/p-...x-12-bspp.aspx
    $2.58 each.

========
    I also found these on Aliexpress.com. As a bonus, the orange and white match a Neptune theme (alas my plumbing is just plain PVC without orange accents)! USD $12.09 for 5, including shipping (but it's from China):
    5PCS Straight quick connect 1/2'' OD Tube Push in x 1/2" Female Aquarium RO Water Female BSP for RO Fittings

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 8.09.09 PM.png

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5PCS...2-fc01d13747c4

Thoughts??

I see no reason why either one would not work. The cost is minimal - why don't you try them and let everyone here know how they worked for you?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Yep I've ordered them. The ones from the US distributor was more quite pricey to ship to Canada (doubling the cost) so I just went with the AliExpress units.

I'll definitely report back once I get them!

New User
    Did you get these yet? I am in the very same boat with my FS-50.

Frequent Visitor
    I'm still waiting for the shipment from China - hopefully here soon. Probably should have just ordered from the freshwatersystems.com link but the shipping to Canada didn't seem worth it.

New User
    Darn, I went ahead and ordered the ones from freshwater systems that you linked. I'll report back once I have them in.

New User
    I received the ones from Freshwater systems and just installed them. They worked without issue. The units that I received were white instead of grey. On the BSPP side there is a gasket. On the push in side there is an o-ring and metal teeth on plastic fingers. I have been running it for about an hour at about 560gph prior to the reactor with fresh carbon.

Frequent Visitor
    That's great! I'm glad you got them -- if only mine would arrive! At least we have confirmation of a good solution for 1/2" tubing. Do you have any pics to post of the setup?

New User
    Here are the pics I have. Hopefully they are what you wanted.

IMG_0473.jpgIMG_0468.jpgIMG_0469.jpgIMG_0471.jpg

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for posting this, just ordered these fittings