Thread: Anyone tried using other brand ph probe than the Neptune one? Milwaukee SE300??

Frequent Visitor

Anyone tried using other brand ph probe than the Neptune one? Milwaukee SE300??

Anyone tried using other brand ph probe than the Neptune one? Milwaukee SE300??

Regular Vistor
    I ordered one that was from China via eBay...didn't work out so well. So now I'm hesitant to try anything other than neptune. If u find out, let me know

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had good luck with the Bulk Reef Supply lab grade, which I believe is a rebranded milwaukee, back when Neptune used single junction probes. It lasted about 3 years before drifting too much. Now that Neptune uses a rebranded pinpoint double junction for the lab grade probe they are pretty equal on longevity.

Whatever you do make sure you get a double junction from a reputable manufacturer like pinpoint or milwaukee.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Those $10 Chinese ones are JUNK. Don't waste time with them. I found Milwaukee MA911B/2 better and cheaper than Neptune's. It is double junction. I will never buy Neptune's.

With that being said, I have 3 apex controllers, 2 pinpoint and various probes. I could never find any measurements consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Now that Neptune uses a rebranded pinpoint double junction for the lab grade probe
    This is totally untrue. Neptune's probes are not rebranded Pinpoints.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Neptune makes their own now? I thought they always used the same factory as pinpoint with the neptune logo. Kind of like dial soap vs. Kroger store brand soap.

Just because you thought something might be the case does not justify you presenting it as fact. And even if both Pinpoint and Neptune probes are made in the same factory does not make one company's probes rebranded products of the other.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    I am also using the BRS probes on mine. However, next time I replace them, I plan to upgrade to the double junction probes if they are compatible on the older modules.

Quote Originally Posted by clsanchez77 View Post
    I am also using the BRS probes on mine. However, next time I replace them, I plan to upgrade to the double junction probes if they are compatible on the older modules.
    Double junctions are compatible and last quite a bit longer than single junction.

Regular Vistor
    I just got a double junction from brs and it is 0.7 off. I have calibrated twice and it is perfect in the solutions but when I put it in the tank its0.7 off. I double checked it with a salifert and an elos ph kit and both gives me a perfect 8.3 but he probe is at 7.6. This is in the sump for the display. If it was for my calcium reactor it would be a big problem. Im contacting BRS in a few minutes.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by frank@wall View Post
    I just got a double junction from brs and it is 0.7 off. I have calibrated twice and it is perfect in the solutions but when I put it in the tank its0.7 off. I double checked it with a salifert and an elos ph kit and both gives me a perfect 8.3 but he probe is at 7.6. This is in the sump for the display. If it was for my calcium reactor it would be a big problem. Im contacting BRS in a few minutes.
    Did a new apex probe fix the issue. I have a 1 month old apex unit. It reads fine in the test solutions but reads .6 low compared to 3 different manual testing solutions. Neptune tech support says to trust the probe however i am constantly dosing to try to stay around 8.0. My DKH is almost 10 now. Just curious what fixed it for you.