Thread: 2 RO storage barrels how to fill

Frequent Visitor

2 RO storage barrels how to fill

It has come where I need to have dual RO storage I currently have my Apex controlling production/flushing with 2 solenoids.

So here we go:

storage : ATO storage which feeds my ATO container 1 floor up near my tank. summertime I get alot of evap I have 3 float switches (Hi Med and Lo) when Med is OPEN Apex turns on power to Solenoid (WaterMain), flushes membrane (turns on Flushing Solenoid), turns off Flushing Solenoid. This works absoultely flawlessly.

Problem is now when i need to make new Salt water, the container I use is a 45g Brute trash can. I never want to take out muchg below 50% as I do not want ATO to not get its water.

I want now fill A 2nd 45g brute and use that primarily for my new Saltwater this way I have a full 45g to my disposal, as I have a 45 g SW mixing container that will eventually be hooked to to my Apex DOS for AWC (this container has 3 float switches installed as well)

What is the easiest or best way do fill 2 containers? one maybe full already while the other is not Or is this going to get too complicated?
    I have done a kind of flow chart as to how this is working (I did not add the Flush solenoid in the diagram)

Thanks

J

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Frequent Visitor
    I can think of lots of ways to do this. Put a pipe into the RO container below the normal fill level and above the minimum amount of water you want to have in it to the second container. So, gravity will have both filled to the same level, controlled by your current float switches. When you take water out of the second container to make salt water the level in it will drop and water will flow from the first container but the flow will stop when the water level reaches the pipe, and will only continue as the RO unit makes now water.

If you want the RO container to be almost full just put the pipe in just under the normal water level.

It works without anything new in the Apex and the only additional ways for water to get on the floor is for the pipe or new container to leak.