Thread: ATO Auto Shut off???

Regular Vistor

ATO Auto Shut off???

Hi,

I know this post is probably annoying and has been answered 100 times, but Im not exactly sure what to search for to find my answer.

Right now I have a smart ATO, hooked up to my eb8 and my RODI unit is plumbed into a reservoir with a float switch. The other day, my skimmer overflowed and dumped onto my floor, I know there is a solution with the breakout box and leak detectors, but Im a bit tight on money right now so I figured I would program something to hold things over.

What I want to do is.... Program my ATO to shut off if its running for more than 1m30s, and to shut my skimmer off if my ATO has been running for 1m30s. If my ATO has been running that long its definitly a skimmer overflow as nothing else in my sump can dump water...

Is this possible to program? Thank you so much, I hope this isnt too confusing.

Is it a self controlled ATO ? What kind is it ?
    Alain

Regular Vistor
    Its actually called smart ATO....

http://www.marinedepot.com/AutoAqua_...FIDPAT-vi.html

After discussing with a LFS, I realized I cant create what I want because the APEX cannot detect when the ATO is running (at least thats what he told me) it can only make it be on and off. So I will write a program for my ATO to come on once an hour for 2 mins, and put a float switch on my Skimmer container so if it does overflow it will shut off.

Regular Vistor
    So my first crack at the OSC command. Im not sure if I have it correctly. My desire is to have the ATO come on for 2 minutes an hour, so even if it does decide to run continuously its only putting a small amount of water in at a time.

Fallback OFF
    OSC 000:00/002:00/058:00 Then ON
    If FeedA 005 Then OFF

Would that do it? Comes on for 2 minutes every hour all day.

The OSC is correct.

I'm curious about why you added the If Feed statement. Typically, during a Feed Cycle, the return pump is shut off, which increases the sump level, which in turn means ATO will not run.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.