Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Radion FWG4 Pro

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS View Post
    I have one of these FW radions over my fuge and I discovered that it is possible to control it with a bit of a workaround by modifying the tdata lines. After I create my schedule and program the channels I can see with the wizard, then I can go into the advanced configuration and add data for the warm white channel.

Going into the advanced config you will see a bunch of tdata lines like this:

tdata 09:00:00,0,0,30,24,24,100,100,100,24,24,0,0,0

Each tdata line starts with the time, followed by two 0’s. The next parameter is overall intensity, then the next 6 are intensity for the 6 channels that show up in the wizard. Then the next parameter is intensity for warm white. So by manually changing that value from the default 0 to the intensity I want then I can get it to work. Then the next parameter is for the violet channel and you can do the same for that one (Although I can’t recall offhand if the FW light has a violet channel, so that might not be necessary)

It’s not pretty, but at least it does what I want in the end. Do note that if you modify the schedule with the wizard that you’ll need to go back into the advanced config and reapply your values for the warm white and violet channels.
    Thanks BrettS. I use tdata lines right now, but lately I've been trying to adjust color parameters and intensity over 4 lights. It makes it incredibly hard to make changes like that when you have to go in each light, figure out what the tdata fields are and manually change each one across a whole daily schedule.

Since we know it's possible via advanced config, it makes me think that integration to the gui portion shouldn't be too hard

Frequent Visitor
    Yeah, I agree that it’s certainly not an ideal solution and it seems like it would be a pretty quick and easy fix for them, but I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the workaround in the mean time.

Frequent Visitor
    I have one of these FW radions over my fuge and I discovered that it is possible to control it with a bit of a workaround by modifying the tdata lines. After I create my schedule and program the channels I can see with the wizard, then I can go into the advanced configuration and add data for the warm white channel.

Going into the advanced config you will see a bunch of tdata lines like this:

tdata 09:00:00,0,0,30,24,24,100,100,100,24,24,0,0,0

Each tdata line starts with the time, followed by two 0’s. The next parameter is overall intensity, then the next 6 are intensity for the 6 channels that show up in the wizard. Then the next parameter is intensity for warm white. So by manually changing that value from the default 0 to the intensity I want then I can get it to work. Then the next parameter is for the violet channel and you can do the same for that one (Although I can’t recall offhand if the FW light has a violet channel, so that might not be necessary)

It’s not pretty, but at least it does what I want in the end. Do note that if you modify the schedule with the wizard that you’ll need to go back into the advanced config and reapply your values for the warm white and violet channels.
    The first 24 is the WW? What's the second 24 for and finally what are the last three 0's? I'm assuming the 30 represents the overall intensity. Sorry, I'm not much of a programmer.

Frequent Visitor

Radion FWG4 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lang510 View Post
    The first 24 is the WW? What's the second 24 for and finally what are the last three 0's? I'm assuming the 30 represents the overall intensity. Sorry, I'm not much of a programmer.
    Sorry, my explanation was probably not the most clear. Let me try again...

tdata tt:tt:tt,0,0,10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,0,0

The first tt:tt:tt is the time (hours:minutes:seconds) that this line takes effect.

The next two parameters are 0’s and I don’t know what they do... they are just always 0.

The next parameter (10 in the example above) is overall intensity and affects the whole light. In this case it would be 10%, but it could be 0 (off) to 100 (full on)

The next 6 parameters (20,30,40,50,60,70 in the example above) are the intensities for the six channels that do show up in the wizard. I’m not sure which one is which offhand, but if you adjust the intensity levels for the different channels in the wizard you will see those values change here. Again, it is in percent and ranges from 0 to 100.

Then the next one (80 in the example above) is the warm white channel. When you finish configuring with the wizard this value will be 0 because the wizard doesn’t support the warm white channel, but you can change it to whatever you want the warm white channel to be at.

The one after that (90 in the example above) is the violet channel. Like warm white, this will be set to 0 by the wizard, but you can set it to whatever you want. (Also, like I said above, I’m not sure that the FW light has a violet channel, so this might not do anything)

The last two parameters are always 0 and again, I’m not sure what they do, but they can stay 0.

Hopefully that helps. If you’re still confused, feel free to post what you have in your program and we can help you figure out what you need to set to get your warm white channel to work.

Frequent Visitor

The first tt:tt:tt is the time (hours:minutes:seconds) that this line takes effect.

The next two parameters are 0’s and I don’t know what they do... they are just always 0.

The next parameter (10 in the example above) is overall intensity and affects the whole light. In this case it would be 10%, but it could be 0 (off) to 100 (full on)

The next 6 parameters (20,30,40,50,60,70 in the example above) are the intensities for the six channels that do show up in the wizard. I’m not sure which one is which offhand, but if you adjust the intensity levels for the different channels in the wizard you will see those values change here. Again, it is in percent and ranges from 0 to 100.

Then the next one (80 in the example above) is the warm white channel. When you finish configuring with the wizard this value will be 0 because the wizard doesn’t support the warm white channel, but you can change it to whatever you want the warm white channel to be at.

The one after that (90 in the example above) is the violet channel. Like warm white, this will be set to 0 by the wizard, but you can set it to whatever you want. (Also, like I said above, I’m not sure that the FW light has a violet channel, so this might not do anything)

The last two parameters are always 0 and again, I’m not sure what they do, but they can stay 0.

Hopefully that helps. If you’re still confused, feel free to post what you have in your program and we can help you figure out what you need to set to get your warm white channel to work.
    Thanks for your explanation. My screen is showing R,G,B,RB,UV,CW so all I have to do is zero out RB and UV and put adjust the WW in the Tdata. Although, I really don't have to do anything with the RB and UV because they don't exist on the FW lights, correct?

I am also assuming that WW will not show up on the scale because it is not written in the wizard, correct?

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks for your explanation. My screen is showing R,G,B,RB,UV,CW so all I have to do is zero out RB and UV and put adjust the WW in the Tdata. Although, I really don't have to do anything with the RB and UV because they don't exist on the FW lights, correct?

I am also assuming that WW will not show up on the scale because it is not written in the wizard, correct?
    That’s correct. It doesn’t matter if the RB and UV channels have anything in them. The lights will just ignore whatever is there since they don’t support those channels. You can 0 them out if you want or leave a value there. And WW won’t show up in the wizard or on the scale at all, but when you manually edit the tdata lines to put a value there the lights will still turn on that channel.

Frequent Visitor
    BrettS, thank you for explaining all of this to us. Other people have tried to explain and I had no idea what they were saying. I will definitely put in a ticket and complain again as this is ridiculous that they won't do with for us.

Frequent Visitor

If I go into my Radion lights and click on advanced, there is nothing there.

Frequent Visitor
    If I go into my Radion lights and click on advanced, there is nothing there.
    Did you already configure the lights with the wizard? The first step is to configure the schedule that you want with the wizard and set the channels that you can configure there. Then save that configuration, then go into advanced. The wizard will add one tdata line for each point in the schedule that you create. Then you can modify those tdata lines to add the intensity for the WW channel as discussed above.

Frequent Visitor
    Did you already configure the lights with the wizard? The first step is to configure the schedule that you want with the wizard and set the channels that you can configure there. Then save that configuration, then go into advanced. The wizard will add one tdata line for each point in the schedule that you create. Then you can modify those tdata lines to add the intensity for the WW channel as discussed above.
    Yes, and it's been updated. My configuration was still there before I hooked it up today. I did make a couple of changes, updated but still no tdata. The lights are being controlled by Apex now.

Frequent Visitor
    Yes, and it's been updated. My configuration was still there before I hooked it up today. I did make a couple of changes, updated but still no tdata. The lights are being controlled by Apex now.
    So after you configure with the wizard you should click this icon...

That should bring you to the “outlet configuration” screen:

And if you scroll down you should see this:

Frequent Visitor
    Got it!!! Thanks again for everything.

Frequent Visitor
    Got it!!! Thanks again for everything.
    Great Glad it worked for you. Remember that unfortunately if you make any changes to the schedule or the spectrum in the wizard then you will need to go back and add your data for the WW channel again as the wizard will overwrite your changes with 0’s. But as long as you don’t make any changes with the wizard then it will keep running with your WW channel data indefinitely.

Frequent Visitor
    That's what I plan to do. I'm not touching the wizard. I've been working with the reef link for so long and every time I wanted to make a change, it was so confusing. I've sent a message to Neptune asking to please do an update for these lights but I am not too hopeful.

Thanks again for all your help. You've made my day.

Frequent Visitor
    OK, I may have another problem. The right light is brighter than the left light but they are both programmed the same. If I call ecotech, I will have to put everything on the reef link

Is there anything I can do through the apex before i call them?

Frequent Visitor

Radion FWG4 Pro

OK, I may have another problem. The right light is brighter than the left light but they are both programmed the same. If I call ecotech, I will have to put everything on the reef link

Is there anything I can do through the apex before i call them?
    That is not something I have run into before, at least not under normal operations. I know that with my lights when I dim them way way down to like 1 or 2 percent I can see a slight difference in brightness among the three lights and one light typically goes off slightly before the other two do, but once they are operating at normal daytime brightness levels I can’t see any intensity differences.

At what brightness level are the lights set to when you’re seeing this difference? Also, can you post a copy of the programs for each light just so we can double check and make sure everything looks good there.

Frequent Visitor
    Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 10.05.47 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2019-07-03 at 10.11.35 AM.png

The bottom I forgot to change the time in the second line.

Frequent Visitor
    I guess I will have to hook it back up and recalibrate. Unless you have another suggestion.

What I did in the meantime, is I increased the duller side by 10% and it now looks very close to the other one. However, if you look at the lights directly, they still don't look the same.

Frequent Visitor
    Yeah, I agree that it’s certainly not an ideal solution and it seems like it would be a pretty quick and easy fix for them, but I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the workaround in the mean time.
    This is Neptune's response to me about updating the software. At least they didn't say no like last time.

"Thank you for your feedback. This feature request is in place for our consideration. Per company policy I cannot comment on its liklihood to be implemented, but we appreciate your feedback and I will mark another request for this feature."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234