Thread: FMM Shut Off After Power Outtage

Apex User

FMM Shut Off After Power Outtage

So I had a power outage this morning that lasted around two hours. When the power came back, my ATO kicked on but my FMM was off (no green light). When I checked Fusion, my sensors disappeared from the dashboard. When I checked the apex classic page, there were two FFM modules created (9 and 10), but both were disabled as there was no power on the FFM module. I unplugged the FFM from the aquabus cable and replugged it and it turn on again, but it renamed my switch names to the default name.

Did I set it up incorrectly that it would kick my ATO on when the module is off? I also noticed that my T5's came on at 8:30 AM after the power outage. They usually come on at 1 PM, but after a few minutes, they shut off. But the FFM issue still persisted.

Here is my ATO pump programming:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If OS1 OPEN Then ON
    If OS2 CLOSED Then OFF
    If HIGH CLOSED Then OFF
    Defer 002:00 Then ON
    Min Time 006:00 Then ON

Any thoughts are highly appreciated!

Frequent Visitor riverchemistry's Avatar
    You might have some modules that could have jumped addresses (duplicated). I would suggest you check the Module List. Make sure you have 1 of each of your modules. If you find a duplicate that duplicate might be the real. When I have modules jumping addresses and duplicating themselves they reset to default programming. This might not be the case for you. but check that module list and make sure you have exactly the amount of modules you own and no more.

Apex User
    I just wanted to confirm that this once again occurred when I power cycled my Apex to fix some connectivity issues. I am running firmware version 4.51 2E17f. After setting up my FMM, I renamed the sensors OS1 and OS2. When I disconnected my apex from the aquabus providing power to address some network issues, the unit came back online and Fusion alerted me that there were new tiles available with the sensors now renamed to their default and my old sensor switch names removed from the main fusion page. During this time, my ATO defaulted to ON and began dumping RO/DI into my system. Fortunately, I was there during the whole situation and was able to turn off the ATO before it filled my tank.

Upon checking the Apex Classic web interface, I saw that there was a duplicate module for the FMM. One indicating FFM_9 at Address 9 (original name/address) and a second one as FFM_10 at Address 10.

I will be updating the firmware to the latest this week, so I will see if this is resolved in the new firmware, but I would really like to make you guys aware of this issue as it has potential for catastrophic results if it is not caught on time. I'm just a fellow Apex fan trying to do my part to address bugs/issues as the Apex has been the heart of my system for over 7 years.

@Terrance @RussM

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by riverchemistry View Post
    You might have some modules that could have jumped addresses (duplicated). I would suggest you check the Module List. Make sure you have 1 of each of your modules. If you find a duplicate that duplicate might be the real. When I have modules jumping addresses and duplicating themselves they reset to default programming. This might not be the case for you. but check that module list and make sure you have exactly the amount of modules you own and no more.
    I believe this is what happened. Not sure how it is avoided, but I will update my firmware to see if the issue has been resolved.