Thread: my ATO "stuck switch" virtual switch doesn't seem to be working?

New User

my ATO "stuck switch" virtual switch doesn't seem to be working?

I had set up an ATO virtual switch that is supposed to turn on and kill the ATO pump from running, and the virtual switch is supposed to stay on until I turn it back to "auto". But, when I test it, the virtual switch comes on, 10 seconds later the ATO is killed (defer time), but then my "stuck" switch also goes back to off? I want the stuck switch to stay "ON" so that I can check the ATO float before I let the system run again. What do I need to change on my virtual switch?

Here is what I programmed on my ATO PMUP.

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If SumpAT CLOSED Then ON
    If Output SwStuckCL = ON Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:10 Then OFF

Here is the virtual switch named SwStuckCL

Set OFF
    If SumpAT CLOSED Then ON
    Defer 000:40 Then ON

Frequent Visitor
    Not really a simple way to do exactly what you want.

Maybe consider adding a min time on and set it to the max. Then you can use the slider to turn off the VO,when you fit the problem and slide it back to auto tomrun normally again

New User
    Yea that makes sense, just set max time on. I guess it's not the worst. If the float stays "closed" the virtual switch doesn't auto clear and the pump stays off which is the important part. An hour after I posted this thread, I had a snail get onto the float switch and it stuck open. The virtual switch did its job and kept the pump off for 2 hours before I noticed the vswitch.

Frequent Visitor
    The problem is in your code for SwStuckCL. There should not be a Set OFF in the outlet. The way it stands now when the ATO runs for 40 seconds SwStuck comes on and the ATO shuts off, now since the ATO is off SwStuck turns off, the ATO comes back on and the cycle starts again.

You want to take the Set OFF out of SwStuckCL, That way when it is turned on by the ATO being on for 40 seconds it stays on. You also want to add
    If Outlet vReset = ON Then OFF
    to Sw StuckCL. vReset is a virtual outlet that has no code. It is normally OFF in Fusion but when you have fixed an ATO problem and want it to run again swithc vReset to ON in Fusion for a few seconds and SwStuchCL will shut off.

You want SwStuck to come on if there is a problem with the ATO and keep the ATO off until you fix the problem and then use Fusion to reset things.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by p7willm View Post
    The problem is in your code for SwStuckCL. There should not be a Set OFF in the outlet. The way it stands now when the ATO runs for 40 seconds SwStuck comes on and the ATO shuts off, now since the ATO is off SwStuck turns off, the ATO comes back on and the cycle starts again.

You want to take the Set OFF out of SwStuckCL, That way when it is turned on by the ATO being on for 40 seconds it stays on. You also want to add
    If Outlet vReset = ON Then OFF
    to Sw StuckCL. vReset is a virtual outlet that has no code. It is normally OFF in Fusion but when you have fixed an ATO problem and want it to run again swithc vReset to ON in Fusion for a few seconds and SwStuchCL will shut off.

You want SwStuck to come on if there is a problem with the ATO and keep the ATO off until you fix the problem and then use Fusion to reset things.
    Thank you!! This will do exactly what I needed. You're the best!