Thread: Kessil programs

Regular Vistor

Kessil programs

I've tried searching the forum and the web but cannot find anything even semi-recent regarding the programming of Kessil A360 units. Everything is at least a year and a half old (or much older) and only references calling up programs and not the wizard.

I'm using the wizard to program and am looking for some sample programs. If you could post screen shots of your programs for color and intensity, or the overlay screen, (the wizard screen) so I can get an idea what others do, that would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Here's mine:

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by LJC6780 View Post
    I've tried searching the forum and the web but cannot find anything even semi-recent regarding the programming of Kessil A360 units. Everything is at least a year and a half old (or much older) and only references calling up programs and not the wizard.

I'm using the wizard to program and am looking for some sample programs. If you could post screen shots of your programs for color and intensity, or the overlay screen, (the wizard screen) so I can get an idea what others do, that would be awesome!

Search YouTube. A guy did a two part video on programming the kessil

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Portsie View Post
    Here's mine:

How did you get this graph to come up? When I click the gear Icon next to my light it just shows the outlet configuration that the light is plugged into.

Frequent Visitor
    This outlet is the variable speed port that the kessil is connected to. Not the physical outlet on the eb8.

Quote Originally Posted by MIReefer View Post
    How did you get this graph to come up? When I click the gear Icon next to my light it just shows the outlet configuration that the light is plugged into.
    You can't control spectrum and intensity through an EnergyBar outlet - they control electric power only, on or off.

I think you'll find the Get Started guide for Apex and Kessils helpful... https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/vdm/a360/
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    This is mine and I'm feeling like I have the whites up too high because in the early afternoon everything starts looking brownish and washed out. Would just lowering the color fix this while letting the intensity stay the same? Will keeping it more blue be ok for the corals? (I have an 85 gallon low profile mixed reef including sps) do corals need the white lights?

Regular Vistor

Kessil programs

Also, does anyone know why the main page shows something completely different than the program? If you'll look at the bottom left you'll see the supposed current output for the kessil color and intensity but if you refer back to the program you'll see that at 9pm it should be lower than 15%. And actually it doesn't go off til right around 10pm.. so does it take it 2 hours and 15 minutes to from from 15% to the 12% it takes to go off?

I'm sure there is something I'm completely missing about the programming.

Regular Vistor

Kessil programs

And here they are both showing 100% and lights are completely off. How do I get this to reflect it accurately?

Regular Vistor
    I think I figured out why the % are showing differently. Is it because it's not reflecting the actual setting but the % of the setting it's on? So if it's set to only go to 50% and it's currently at 40% then it would show 80%? Because 40% is 80% of 50%?

So when all lights were off and it was showing 100% that's because it was at 100% of the 0 setting?