Thread: Can't get passed wifi password to connect unit!

Regular Vistor

Can't get passed wifi password to connect unit!

I get up to selecting my wifi network and entering the password. I wait. The light on the unit actually goes to sold orange for a while. Then boom. It goes back to blue and the screen on my iPad says CANNOT CONNECT TO WIFI. CHECK SSID AND WIFI PASSWORD AND TRY AGAIN. I've been stuck on this for 5 days. I'm at my wits end. I've tried entering the ip of my apex which I found through my netgear app and I get timed out error. Anyone know what to do😩

Frequent Contributor
    Jon

Regular Vistor
    Yes. I a am connected to WPA2-Personal security. Checked that already. Hooked up my alarm system and. Sprinklers to wifi in 3 minutes. This has taken days. For some reason I'm apprehensive to open up a ticket. I feel like I should be able to figure this out.

Regular Vistor
    I am going to try a range extender tonite. Still can't connect to wifi to get my token to link my apex to fusion.

Regular Vistor
    update. My wifi is connected to apex. the light is orange. after connecting it asks for username and password for fusion. I enter it. It times out or there is a connection error. Now I am linked and my light is oragne but when I log into fusion it says Im not linked to any apex, please log onto dashboard and click "link apex" to get token. Now what dashboard? Cant get there! Driving me nuts! Im linked to my ntwork but I cant get any further! HELP!

Frequent Visitor
    Dashboard is you apex open a webpage for your apex ip. There should be a apex login username password. Then enter and get your apex fusion token.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by docvinny View Post
    update. My wifi is connected to apex. the light is orange. after connecting it asks for username and password for fusion. I enter it.
    Do not enter your Fusion credentials there; you are not logging into Fusion - you are logging into Apex Local, the user interface built into the Apex itself. Apex Local and Apex Fusion are different things. Fusion is a website out in the cloud, on the Internet.

Use your Apex Local login - I'm assuming you have not change it from the default ones. Try 'admin' & '1234'
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Curious how your progress went with this? Did you have to use the wifi extender? I'm in the same situation with a new Apex 2016 unit that doesn't want to stay connected long enough for me to get access to anything. Put in a support ticket after they fed me the standard quote about security protocols but it still hasn't worked. I'm frustrated with the coding when matched with the price of this product. Curious to know how your system is working now?