Thread: new to controllers help selecting the right one for the job

new to controllers help selecting the right one for the job

hi im really new to all the world of having too many tools to control many things in my tank. being doing some research and im impress with the apex system.

this is what i like to accomplish :

1.- control my DCT 6000 jaebo PUMP ( is my return pump )
    2.- control the DC pump in my reef octopus regal 200 Skimmer
    3.- Monitor Temp
    4.- Monitor Salinity
    5.- Monitos PH
    6.- Add and automatic feeder
    7.-use 3 PMUP Pumps to run two reactors, and a automatic rdo water refill for evaporation
    8.-control timer for my leds ( mars aqua not apex ready )
    9.- meaba a flow control or leak detection.

i was hopping for price to be able to do it in parts but i cant find the apex module alone and i was thinking in the jr system but i read it can only use 7 modules. and im not sure is a good unit for me and i have to buy a bigger one. or meaty get it in parts .

thank you

Frequent Visitor riverchemistry's Avatar
    Good choice! It's definitely the APEX of controllers(). I'll be happy to answer your questions here, Naz

1. You'll be able to control this pump with ON/OFF , switches, timers, event alerts, feed cycles through your smart phone. This will plug into the Energy Bar. On "HOW" do to that. We'll that's another thread. But you can in this case.
    2. Same would go for this as well. As above. Same for the Skimmer too.
    3. Comes in the Box for all Bundles of APEX Systems
    4. Comes in the box with the APEX system (Link here) , Comes in the box For APEX Gold (Link here). APEX JR it is sold separately
    5. Comes in the box with the APEX system (Link here) , Comes in the box For APEX Gold (Link here). APEX JR it is sold separately
    6. Neptune sells an AFS. It integrates with your Dashboard. You can imagine the benefits from that. However, it's not difficult to use a third party Automatic feeder and program your system to respond at a set period of time that the third party feeder "feeds" and to respond accordingly to it.
    7. the APEX system will accommodate 2 PMUPS out of the box (Link Here). For the Third you'll need another input. You'll need another EB832 or 1Link
    8. The EB832 would handle the timers for this. You can create events and day of week or day timers as you need. It's not APEX READY so it'll simply give you ON and OFF timer functionality.
    9. Leak Detection (ALD Module) will work with APEX, APEX Gold and Apex JR.

That is correct. The APEXJR will only accommodate a limited amount of modules. It's very common for users to pick it up and quickly find out later down the line that there's a limit on expansion. If you're a huge hobbyist and plan to go big save yourself the hassle and go for the APEX or APEX Gold bundles because it's going to be a pain in your butt when you need to swap out the JR and all the cables to replace it with an APEX later on.
    All APEX Controller
    Kessil A360's

Frequent Visitor
    point 7.

If instead of an 1Link he buys the FMM that it would have the additional 24v port and also support for the ALD sensors in one shot ... he can actually also add some optical sensors and add ATO to the list of functionalities!

All the best,
    Rui