Thread: Vortech MP40wQD connected w/ Battery backup advance code?

Vortech MP40wQD connected w/ Battery backup advance code?

I was wondering if it's possible to set a code for the Ecotech battery backup that's connected to my MP40wQD I'm controlling it with the WXM. I noticed that when I set feed mode A the pump stays on.

I connected it to an outlet on the energy bar but it still won't turn off. I rather not have it connect to the energy bar so I can save the the outlet. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    If I understand correctly you can use a relay between the battery and the MP40w
    then you would connect that relay to an outlet!

all the best,
    Rui

Where would I connect the relay? To the engery bar or the actual apex model? I tried connecting to the AC port on the apex but it won't fit. There's no connection that I can see. Also my Vortech has been showing "missing or stall "for a few days I noticed it's a hot topic on the other forums. It switches from showing the current mode I set the MP40WQD crest, arm etc. then it will show "missing or battery on " I was hoping to just set an advance code so the Vortech knows when it's time to feed A so there's no pumps running during feed times. It just continues to start the battery back power and the pumps stays on which is fine if I lost power. Idk what I'm doing wrong but I attached two images with what I'm trying to finger out.

I was able to put in a basic code to override the Ecotech Marine Battery Backup. After I connected the power supply to my Energy Bar port 2 I typed in the advance tap this code below A,B,C for mode feed mode and maintenance on the tank. Hopefully this will help someone out in the future. Happy Reefing!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalReef View Post
    I was wondering if it's possible to set a code for the Ecotech battery backup that's connected to my MP40wQD I'm controlling it with the WXM. I noticed that when I set feed mode A the pump stays on.

I connected it to an outlet on the energy bar but it still won't turn off. I rather not have it connect to the energy bar so I can save the the outlet. Any recommendations?

The pump power block and the battery back-up do not need to be connected to an Apex power outlet , a wall plug is sufficient . All pumps programming should be set in the pump outlet that was generated when the pump was paired with the WXM .
    Alain

I connected the Vortech to the wall plug and free up the port. When I tried to connect the programming to the pumps it still didn't want to turn off the battery back up. I appreciate the suggestion I really didn't want to use my ports knowing that I bought the WXM to avoid this same issue. I'll try to configure the pumps and see if the programming works. If not no big deal I tested out my current set up and it works just like I intended. I'm still using up a port for the AC power supply from the battery back up to start feed modes.

Question : why would you want to turn OFF the battery backup ? Explain with details what you are trying to do ?
    Alain

Quote Originally Posted by Alain B View Post
    Question : why would you want to turn OFF the battery backup ? Explain with details what you are trying to do ?
    I wanted to have my pumps turn off during the Feedings. I want the battery backup to turn off only during Feed modes. I just didn't know if there was a way to write a code in the advance tab but I ended up figure it out and it's been working great.

Regular Vistor
    I wanted to have my pumps turn off during the Feedings. I want the battery backup to turn off only during Feed modes. I just didn't know if there was a way to write a code in the advance tab but I ended up figure it out and it's been working great.

What was your solution?

I made a video last night showing step by step I'll post it up tonight when I get home hopefully it will clear up any confusion on how to set up Feed mode with a battery back up.

Regular Vistor
    I made a video last night showing step by step I'll post it up tonight when I get home hopefully it will clear up any confusion on how to set up Feed mode with a battery back up.

any updates on this?

New User
    You cannot turn off the battery backup because is that... a battery, hold charge and doesn't have an on/off switch. The pumps have to be connected to a wall or surge protector outlet and you control the on/off with the following commands

If FeedA 000 Then OFF
    If FeedB 000 Then OFF
    If FeedC 000 Then OFF
    If FeedD 000 Then OFF