Thread: Feature request: allow programmable activation and cancelation of FEED modes

Frequent Visitor

Feature request: allow programmable activation and cancelation of FEED modes

Now that I see Neptune adding new programming commands (eg the When command) I am encouraged they are still advancing the programming language!

I'm hoping Neptune will consider adding the ability to programmatically activate and deactivate feed modes.

For example I'd like to use a doorbell type switch to activate (and ideally cancel) a feed mode, but right now this isn't possible. While we can emulate a feed mode to some extent, it takes a lot of extra programming to do it, and even then it's hard to beat the Feed mode's offering of an easily accessible timer and its simple cancellation feature.

Any chance of this? It seems like a significant missing feature and an odd exception given how robust the Apex programming language is.

Frequent Visitor
    Yes please - I use a doorbell type switch today and would love this option - I am sure I asked for it in one of the other forums for new features as well previously.

Currently I have a VO called FEED_MODE and trigger it ON based on 2 door switches. I hard coded it with a 'Min Time 015:00 Then ON' so when I close the door it will at least stay on for the basic feeding time. I also figure in case the door is left open too long, don't want a full day feed mode. Of course now I have to add this code to each device that needs to be aware of this additional "FEED" flag but it works ok as alternative...