Thread: Vectra with Feed Mode and EcoTech Backup Battery

Regular Vistor

Vectra with Feed Mode and EcoTech Backup Battery

I just purchased a couple of EcoTech battery backups for my VorTech pumps and my Vectra M1 return pump. Since the WXM module I use to control my Radions and VorTech pumps is not yet supported by EcoTech (or the Vectra not supported by Neptune), my return pump stays on during my feed mode due to the fact that I simply have the Vectra plugged into one of my physical outlets and when the power is cut to the pump in order to feed, the battery kicks in.

I've tried to think of a couple creative ways to have the pump shut off completely and bypass the battery backup but I'm out of ideas since this isn't a virtual outlet. My VorTechs go into a slower feed mode just fine but I'd like the Vectra to shut off unless there is a true power failure.

A couple thoughts I've had is to create a profile and use a defer statement on the pump when feed mode goes on instead of shutting the pump off completely. Another option I've considered is to plug one of the VorTechs into my power bar and use a voltage statement to detect when the VorTech isn't pulling as much power as it normally would (as in when it goes into slower feed mode) and control the return pump that way.

I think I'm out of luck since the pump is only on or off with a physical outlet but wondering if anyone else had any ideas.

Regular Vistor
    Get a reef link fir $99 and program in fake feed mode

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk