Thread: [video] The ATK - Automatic Top-off Kit is now available

Frequent Contributor

[video] The ATK - Automatic Top-off Kit is now available

We are happy to announce that the ATK - Automatic Top-off kit is available for purchase, right now, at online and LFS across the country. If your store does not have it yet, they either ran out, will get it this week, or you need to tell them to become a Neptune Systems dealer!

Check out the video:

Frequent Visitor
    Cool product!. ... It is going to be a best seller.
    I purchased a FMM for flow monitoring and now I am thinking of replacing my current ATO (the one you benchmark against).

Terence, one question: where can I get the magnet mount holder for the optical sensors?. I purchased a couple of OS1 and they did not have the holder you showed in the video.

Thanks!.

***EDIT*** Actually, someone saw the opportunity in there ...
    https://oceanboxdesigns.com/product/...l-sensor-os-1/

Regular Vistor
    Are the optical sensor output available for Apex programming?

Frequent Contributor
    Yes, they look like a regular switch when plugged into an FMM port.

Frequent Contributor
    Want to see more coverage of the ATK? Check out this video and then vote for the ATK in the poll at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xW2K82oACY

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    We are happy to announce that the ATK - Automatic Top-off kit is available for purchase, right now, at online and LFS across the country. If your store does not have it yet, they either ran out, will get it this week, or you need to tell them to become a Neptune Systems dealer!

Check out the video:
    That is great , so what we need now is some sort of TDS meter to monitor the quality of the RODI water and notify us ( those who have a fully automated system ) that the RODI water quality is getting bad .
    Alain

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Alain B View Post
    That is great , so what we need now is some sort of TDS meter to monitor the quality of the RODI water and notify us ( those who have a fully automated system ) that the RODI water quality is getting bad .
    You can configure a PM2 and conductivity probe for low range to accomplish that.

Frequent Visitor riverchemistry's Avatar
    This is awesome! This might mean more 'Standalone' Kits in the future. slick!
    All APEX Controller
    Kessil A360's

Frequent Visitor
    I already have the FMM module and a couple optical,sensors with the PMUP.
    is the magnetic holder available separately?
    i wouldn't want to buy the entire kit just for this one item being I have the rest already waiting to be installed.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seldon View Post
    You can configure a PM2 and conductivity probe for low range to accomplish that.
    I tried that already , it is not sensitive enough to detect when the water leave O TDS and TDS level start to rise .
    Alain

Frequent Visitor
    Since there is 2 open ports available and you have a apex. Can you add flow sensors or more optical sensors? Then program with fusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Pastelball View Post
    Since there is 2 open ports available and you have a apex. Can you add flow sensors or more optical sensors? Then program with fusion?
    Yes, the 3rd and 4th FMM ports may be used as desired.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Want to see more coverage of the ATK? Check out this video and then vote for the ATK in the poll at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xW2K82oACY
    Just watched the video and voted. The ATK is leading by a 2:1 margin over the closest rival (Tunze).

New User
    This looks great, I am wondering if it will fit in the back of a JBJ 45 rimless tank?

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by ironroot View Post
    This looks great, I am wondering if it will fit in the back of a JBJ 45 rimless tank?
    There is an alternative configuration that sacrifices the float valve that will fit in nearly all AIO tanks - even a 10g Innovative Marine nano!

I love the ATK. It's so flexible. Originally I was going to take the float off because of space but I was able to flip it around to get it fit nicely in my return area. Stand alone and connected modes are awesome..

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by irayfuego View Post
    I purchased a FMM for flow monitoring and now I am thinking of replacing my current ATO (the one you benchmark against).

Terence, one question: where can I get the magnet mount holder for the optical sensors?. I purchased a couple of OS1 and they did not have the holder you showed in the video.

Thanks!.

I had the same question on the magnets. After having something makeshift, I rummaged through my containers and found the exact thing needed. Google Zoo Med MagClip,

Frequent Visitor
    @terence: I'd like to second (or third) a request to make the sensor holder/float valve a separate kit for those of us who cobbled together our own ATK systems (and at a higher price by buying the components separately, and with no mount!).

Thanks!

Thanks!.

Frequent Contributor
    Somehow I must not be communicating well. The water level mechanism (magnetic bracket, two sensors, float valve) WILL be sold separately down the road. I don't know when yet. It will be $99.95 most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks Terence,

is there any chance to get the "OS-M Optical Sensor Magnetic Mount" separately?
    BRS is now selling the sensor + mount as a pack. I have the sensors already.

Frequent Visitor
    Piling on, too: Please please please consider offering just the mount and float valve for something around $50 (? maybe $55?) -- since the optical sensors are $25 each anyhow, and I also already have 2.

I realize this makes more SKU's for you to track etc but it would be a nice way to offer us Neptune Control Freaks who made our own ATKs! I know this only affects a very small early adopter market, but I'm sure many would appreciate the option!

New User
    My RO/DI reservoir is located about 25' feet away from my tank and eb832, but on the same floor. Is there a way I could connect a PMUP ATO kit to my Apex using some sort of extension/adapter?

Frequent Visitor

Hummm. The recomendation is that the optical sensor to be placed horizontally and vertically as this holder ... a drop of water can trigger a false condition

All the best,
    Rui

Frequent Visitor
    Sweet