Thread: Avast ATO pressure switch

New User

Avast ATO pressure switch

Can the Avast ATO be programmed to display the water level as a percent?

I currently have a Reef Angel programmed with the Avast pressure switch. I have it set to turn on the ATO pump at 43 and off at 45. The actual water level is displayed, not just turning the pump on or off.

To the best of my knowledge, the Avast pressure switch cannot read over a range - it's either open or closed. Are you sure you are not confusing the Avast switch with RA's own water level sensor?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    My Reef Angel Avast pressure switch currently reads over a range. It tells me the exact level of water in the sump, and I can generate programs based off of that info. Is this not how the Apex works? The switch itself has the capability.

Quote Originally Posted by barbianj View Post
    My Reef Angel Avast pressure switch currently reads over a range. It tells me the exact level of water in the sump, and I can generate programs based off of that info. Is this not how the Apex works? The switch itself has the capability.
    I am using many Avast pressure switch for ATO and other purposes , the Avast switch is a pressure sensitive switch installed at the end of a long tube , it's only capability are ON or OFF ( OPEN or CLOSED ), it can be re-wire to run either way , that is about it . If you have a level indication , it might come from a different device . Post a picture of your Avast switch .
    Alain

New User

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I currently have running on the Reef Angel. USB connection from the switch to the box. Airline from the switch to the PVC tube.

That is ReefAngel's Water Level Expansion. http://www.reefangel.com/products.html

It will not work with an Apex.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.