Thread: 10v Jebao Cable?

New User

10v Jebao Cable?

Hi All,

I own a SW2 and have 2x 2017 SW15's on the way.
    There is a 0-10v Plug on the side that says its a 3.5mm headphone jack for External Controlling however, it really is a DC Jack.

Has anyone made a cable for this or can guide me to what to buy?
    I see the APEX Jebao Module on Amazon and Ebay but, it states it 0-5v, not the needed 0-10v.

Any ideas guys? Thanks!

I'm using this adapter with 2 x RW-4's without issue. I tried to clarification on 0-5 vs 0-10 thing from Fishtreet but there English isn't great. From what I gather the adapter "downsamples" the apex 0-10v to the 0-5v that the Jebao's are looking for. Either way, mine seem to be working fine and I can't tell a difference in performance from the included controllers to the adapter + apex setup.

New User
    Thanks for the reply Justin.
    I see that is the case for the RW however, that is a different controller.

That is what I mean. It has a 0-10v input for DIY Controls. There are videos on youtube of someone making it work on their SW4 but they soldered and I dont have those skills. I can cut and splice though lol.

I have an email somewhere on them, I will see if I can locate it as it was a while ago when I spoke with them last.
    Current: 120 Gallon Peninsula DIY system.

Looks simple enough, maybe I should start making these now until they start selling theirs publicly.

I just bought the WAV for my DT, and a MP10QD came on my seahorse tank, so I would not have one to test it out on sadly.

New User
    Do you think I can have a copy of that email, Torx?

Sorry, this is all they sent me.

> Hi
    >
    > It's headphone jack for 3.5mm size
    >
    > Since I'm not a expert in Apex, so I do not know how to connection on it,
    > but if you have , you can try on it
    > Eric
    > On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 9:03 AM, Mark Peltier <[email protected]> wrote

I was going to order a SW2 back then and open it to test and figure it out, but I ended up getting a MP-10QD dirt cheap.

Regular Vistor
    I've had two of the SW-2's since October, and they have never functioned correctly on a DIY 0-10v via apex harness. For instance the speed profiles are reversed and I must run 0v (0% / off Apex) to gain 100% pump speed, while 10v (100% Apex) gives about 20-30% pump speed. They never do fully shut-off via 0-10v control, so a wavemaker mode isn't possible unlike when using the native controllers.

I've tested this harness with other 0-10v controlled devices and even my lighting, it works just fine. So either I've really overlooked something, or the controller is not going into a pass-through mode when 0-10v input is utilized. Fish street was completely useless for any form of help.

* I should add that if using the Jebao 0-5v harness the pumps will shut off at 100%/10v, but performance is also all over the place and seems to change even if set to say 0%. I have to believe the controllers aren't functioning properly with a 0-10v input, it's as if they're running whatever mode you've set plus a blend of the 0-10v "control", and then reversed..

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyl View Post
    I've had two of the SW-2's since October, and they have never functioned correctly on a DIY 0-10v via apex harness. For instance the speed profiles are reversed and I must run 0v (0% / off Apex) to gain 100% pump speed, while 10v (100% Apex) gives about 20-30% pump speed. They never do fully shut-off via 0-10v control, so a wavemaker mode isn't possible unlike when using the native controllers.

I've tested this harness with other 0-10v controlled devices and even my lighting, it works just fine. So either I've really overlooked something, or the controller is not going into a pass-through mode when 0-10v input is utilized. Fish street was completely useless for any form of help.

* I should add that if using the Jebao 0-5v harness the pumps will shut off at 100%/10v, but performance is also all over the place and seems to change even if set to say 0%. I have to believe the controllers aren't functioning properly with a 0-10v input, it's as if they're running whatever mode you've set plus a blend of the 0-10v "control", and then reversed..
    Hi Kyl,

I read about that issue on reef2reef and they mentioned putting it into 'C' mode fixes that issue. 'C' mode may be an external controlled mode.
    https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/je...o-apex.279528/

Here's another video I found of someone making the proper cable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4UDkkeM5V8

Let me know if that helps!

Regular Vistor
    The problem is that is the SW4 controller (0-5v), not the SW2 ("0-10v"). Tried everything and every mode, none of them make the pumps behave as you would expect with a variable voltage control input.

New User
    I'd like to update this thread for anyone searching in the future. The SW2 definitely does work with the Apex using the Jebao Neptune adaptor. You ditch the factory Jebao SW controller and connect the pump to the adaptor, then the adaptor to the variable speed port on your Apex. The pump works to 25%, anything less and it shuts off.