Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: D-Link DCS-936L Setup with Apex Fusion Video Cam Success!!! With Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by denellum View Post
    I understand that, but why doesn't the (android) app work? That's honestly all i care about
    One might infer that the app is compliant with the RFC...

Look around in the camera GUI - I don't recall if it was the DCS-932 or the 936 I used to have, but one of them had an option to permit anonymous view-only access. I think it was the 932 though.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    RussM, you sir gave me the exact info i needed. Thank you. for others with this issue... IF you want to be able to see your camera on your phone app you will have to do the following ;

camera web portal > maintenance > admin > from here uncheck "HTTP Authentication"

now this is something i do not necessarily recommend. my camera is on a DMZ'd network.

Again RussM, thank you! Tim at Dallas North Aquarium speaks nothing but good things about you and now i see why

New User

D-Link setup help...

This setup is “killing me”. I can get the video in my browser using the D-Link URL, but not in Fusion. Also, like some others, when I change anything in the D-LINK web based setup page, I lose video and have to setup the camera again to get it working. I’ll try the ‘optional primary DNS’ that I saw posted. But can someone please verify the IP I should be using is 205.171.3.65, based on my router pic posted below? The video in App works great but would love to see it in Fusion. Thanks! LCS

FA595F02-CF43-4E90-8F72-A90FC32800AD.jpg

The DNS addresses listed there are the DNS servers for your ISP. You need to use the Modem IP address.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Just google “what’s my IP address”. It will show you the external IP address for your house - just google it while sitting on your home network.

I just setup another 936 on my tank, and it took 10 minutes. First yes you do have to setup the Dlink Camera with the Dlink Software. After you do that, go to web browser and sign into MyDlink, and go into advanced settings. From there, all you have to do is set a Dynamic IP address, Default Gateway (Router Ip) and plug in the port http. There are 3 total ports. All you have to concern yourself with is the http. The other 2 just plug in some random different numbers. Once all those things are done save it. After that you cant access the Camera with Dlink Software. You also have to go into your router and assign a port to your Dlink Camera. (Do this First) Find your cameras IP address, and assign the http port in port fowarding... Once this is all done, you should be good to go.

Also The Video cam will not work in Google Chrome or Safari via Apex Fusion. You can try a web browser called Pale Moon, I have had good success with that. IOS App will show the cams...

New User
    Hello,
    I have a dlink 932L camera,
    in apex I can't see it, I have the ports open and I can see it through any browser,
    inside and outside the house, but when I put the link in the apex I only see black

someone who has it connected and working through fusion?

thank you
    Maxim

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by maxcat View Post
    Hello,
    I have a dlink 932L camera,
    in apex I can't see it, I have the ports open and I can see it through any browser,
    inside and outside the house, but when I put the link in the apex I only see black

someone who has it connected and working through fusion?

thank you
    Maxim

Yeah same here... Was anyone able to resolve this? Browser seems to work well, but in Fusion, nothing...

New User

dlink in fusion

Quote Originally Posted by timguerin View Post
    Yeah same here... Was anyone able to resolve this? Browser seems to work well, but in Fusion, nothing...
    Tonight I send you screenshots so you can see how to connect all the dlink cameras,
    The browser does not matter, they all work once the camera is configured without login.

New User

dlink in fusion

Quote Originally Posted by timguerin View Post
    Here you have the settings to work with a dlink and apexfusion
    when you add camera in apex
    put type image / motion and link http: //publicip:9005/video/mjpg.cgi

good luck !! ��
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123