Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D-Link DCS-936L Setup with Apex Fusion Video Cam Success!!! With Instructions

D-Link DCS-936L Setup with Apex Fusion Video Cam Success!!! With Instructions

Hello All,
    Took a stab today at hooking up a D-Link 936L IP Camera to Fusion. So I did tons of research on the model and configurations.
    Here is what I found to work the best. Could possibly work with other models......

1: Use this in the URL Settings of Apex Fusion Camera:

http://(Username):Password)@(External IP):port)/video/mjpg.cgi
    Example : http://admin:123456@68.22.1.105:9191/video/mjpg.cgi

Setup:
    2: Username and Password are set in the DLink Advanced Setup...

3: External IP is your ISP's IP Address, not internally assigned ip router IP for Example (192.... or 10.1.....) Do Not use These!!!

4: Set a static IP address for the camera in the Dlink Advanced Setup so the internal never changes. Here you do use a local 192.168.1.12.... or 10.0.0.100. Just pick an available IP that isn't being used. (192.186.1.25) For Example..... Make sure this doesn't conflict with anything that already grabbed this router IP address...

5: Set the Local Gateway (Router IP address) in Dlink Advanced Setup.

6: Set the HTTP Port in Dlink Advanced. I used 9191.

7: Port Forwarding in your Router. Set up a port forward to the static IP that you setup in Dlink Setup and add the port that you used in the Dlink Setup as well....

This worked like a charm for me. The only down side was the only browser that works with my command line is Mozilla. Chrome, Edge, and IE will not work unless you enter the url in another browser Window open it up, video goes on. Then you can start Fusion and video works. Mozilla works without the previous step.

By following these steps you can use either your local or external IP address to view your camera locally. Makes more sense to use the External so if you leave your Home Network, you can use the cam anywhere....
    App works flawlessly...

I work in the IT field and thought this could be of help...

Enjoy....
    Steve Simon
    Last edited by RussM; 05-30-2017 at 07:26. Reason: Spell

Good walk-through, the only catch is if you use a DSL connection that external IP will change very often and you'll need to use something like dyndns.org to stay updated.

Thanks for this! I made a few edits to your post for clarity, mostly, changing all instances of "Ip Addy" to "IP address" for the benefit of readers who don't know IT geekspeak
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Thanks Russ.... I really dug into the networking yesterday. Tying to pay it forward..... The DLink I have is a very common, reasonably prices camera......

Justin... A static IP address would be ideal. I use Comcast as an ISP at home where my Apex Fusion and IP camera reside. My dynamic IP address has never changed in the 3 1/2 years I have been on comcast If it does, easy to update.... Years ago when I had the Original Apex classic they did change every 3-6 months.... The DNS Changer sites where needed I suppose....
    If your IP address was to change, super easy to just go into ApexFusion Camera command line and change.... The internal Router Ip Configs would remain the same.

Ironically I just updated my painfully old router today to an ASUS RT-AC5300. First ASUS router I've used but it's got a built-in dyndns service. Super easy to use, no account needed as it's part of the router firmware. So if anyone happens to see this and just wants a dynamic dns serivce that "just works" check out the ASUS routers. As a bonus it looks like a badass alien mother ship.....

33-320-244-02.jpg

Yep... Have worked with them... Ever see the Synology Routers??? My Favorite choice....

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSimon View Post
    Hello All,
    Took a stab today at hooking up a D-Link 936L IP Camera to Fusion. So I did tons of research on the model and configurations.
    Here is what I found to work the best. Could possibly work with other models......

1: Use this in the URL Settings of Apex Fusion Camera:

http://(Username):Password)@(External IP):port)/video/mjpg.cgi
    Example : http://admin:123456@68.22.1.105:9191/video/mjpg.cgi

Setup:
    2: Username and Password are set in the DLink Advanced Setup...

3: External IP is your ISP's IP Address, not internally assigned ip router IP for Example (192.... or 10.1.....) Do Not use These!!!

4: Set a static IP address for the camera in the Dlink Advanced Setup so the internal never changes. Here you do use a local 192.168.1.12.... or 10.0.0.100. Just pick an available IP that isn't being used. (192.186.1.25) For Example..... Make sure this doesn't conflict with anything that already grabbed this router IP address...

5: Set the Local Gateway (Router IP address) in Dlink Advanced Setup.

6: Set the HTTP Port in Dlink Advanced. I used 9191.

7: Port Forwarding in your Router. Set up a port forward to the static IP that you setup in Dlink Setup and add the port that you used in the Dlink Setup as well....

This worked like a charm for me. The only down side was the only browser that works with my command line is Mozilla. Chrome, Edge, and IE will not work unless you enter the url in another browser Window open it up, video goes on. Then you can start Fusion and video works. Mozilla works without the previous step.

By following these steps you can use either your local or external IP address to view your camera locally. Makes more sense to use the External so if you leave your Home Network, you can use the cam anywhere....
    App works flawlessly...

I work in the IT field and thought this could be of help...

Enjoy....
    Steve Simon

I can get to the dlink link but I can't get into a setup it just shows me images of camera and you click on the camera it shows you either a video or still shot
    how do I get into setup

thanks I bought the dlink under your rec

You have to log in to your Dlink Camera setting and click on advanced....

Just an FYI. Since i connected to camera and changed settings I can no longer access my camera through the web app. You first need to setup the camera with the the supplied software.. Then you can change settings.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been fighting this off and on now for two weeks and I can't get it to go outside of my router I can see it fine internally but can't externally I set up port forwarding and DMZ on my linksys EA6900 router
    im getting ticked
    anyone have any suggestions thanks

You have to setup the Dlink using thier software setup first. I suggest using the smartphone app first. Create dlink account and password. After....
    Go to Dlink cloud online:
    https://www.mydlink.com/
    on Pc. Login and make sure you camera is connected then go to advanced setting and follow my instructions above.
    Inside the advanced settings you set a static ip and port.

If it's working internal, and not external sounds like you didn't open a port in router or its a conflicting port. What port did you use?''

Also you may have to use Internet Explorer to access the setup. I recall chrome and mozilla not working.

Get it working??

Get it working??

Thanks for the followup yes yes I did get it working
    yhe one thing that's driving me crazy is that it doesn't work all the time I can be at one place and it's in b&W another it's in color or another not at all
    but when it does work it's great

any ideas?
    thanks

That's the IR built into camera. I forget the settings , but mine never does that for some reason.....

So I Installed a second cam Tonight... My instructions above with DLink 936 Worked Flawlessly. The Cam View in Fusion becomes a slide show and scrolls from cam to cam very cool.
    Curious If u could have 2 different windows open in Fusion? Prolly not, but I asked Tech Support... Waiting for reply.

D-Link DCS-936L Setup with Apex Fusion Video Cam Success!!! With Instructions

So I Installed a second cam Tonight... My instructions above with DLink 936 Worked Flawlessly. The Cam View in Fusion becomes a slide show and scrolls from cam to cam very cool.
    Curious If u could have 2 different windows open in Fusion? Prolly not, but I asked Tech Support... Waiting for reply.
    I assume that this is asked with the intent of showing both video streams at the same time... Yes, you can have two tabs open in Fusion, but the media tiles will still rotate through the video streams unless you manually pause each one in each tab.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Russ,
    How do you open the second video window on same Fusion Page? Can't find any settings that will open another video cam.
    I thought maybe a new tile would produce after I added the new cam, but it's not up there.... hmmmmm

This is what I have setup and working. 2 cams doing slideshow in one window.

You can’t have a second media tile. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I mean that you can open a second tab of the Fusion dashboard, then either flip between them or place the two browser windows side by side to see both camera streams at the same time.

Regular Vistor
    Got this to work for me! thanks!
    First time doing this so I had to just mess around with it a bit but some how I got it to work.

Can I edit this url so I can use my apex screen better? I have the grey bars about and under the video. Also this view is really wide and if I zoom into the tank the video distorts, is there a way around this beside brining the camera closer? Thanks in advance

New User
    Thanks for the instructions.

Do these instructions also result in the video working in the fusion app?

Has anyone figured out how to make video work for IE or Chrome for the non-Mozilla users?

Works in IOS App for me, no Chrome. I use Pale Moon for Browser. Works great....

New User
    Where do you guys have your camera(s) mounted?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast