Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D-Link DCS-936L Setup with Apex Fusion Video Cam Success!!! With Instructions

Sorry for late reply. My instructions work with App, and browsers.... As far as Browsers, Certain Versions of Mozilla, and Pale Moon works best.

As far as mounting, I mount on sides with this:
    Running 3 Cams at this time.
    https://www.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-MAGTH...=scosche+mount

- - - Updated - - -

Regular Vistor
    Off to Amazon I go again... damn it...

New User
    So I bought the cam, have it installed and I can view it externally in the browser. I place the URL in apexfusion and it never comes up. Ideas?apex.PNGCapture.jpgsetup.PNG

Frequent Visitor
    What are you using to view the Fusion interface? I noticed some browsers don't allow the username/password in a URL. Chrome is one of these browsers.

New User

Wow, I never would have expected that

It does not work with Chrome and Edge, but did work with Firefox. Wow, that's kind of a huge gotcha.

So that said, I've now changed my link using a url shortener. Firefox still works with it but Chrome and Edge do not. Is there a known workaround besides url shortener?

I have two of theses guys on my tank. I wasn’t sure if I was able to set gemnup in fusion!! Glad I found this. Now I hope I can get it fixed up

Frequent Visitor
    One of the gotchas with this is passing a username and password in the URL as a query string is blocked by a lot of modern browsers. Chrome being one of them. You either have to use no password (which I wouldn't recommend), or build some sort of proxy which only serves an image if you authenticate to it. I did this with Node JS and a Raspberry PI for a project I am working on involving a USB camera and my tank. Once I am finished, I'll post everything so other IT Geeks like myself can use it.

Frequent Visitor
    I have not been on in a while had an old D link DCS-942L that I had on a take in my office. Have tried to bring it back online and not having any luck at all. About tired of messing with it at this point. Thinking with modern cameras this would be resolved. Was not happy to see that this issue is still alive. I see the AI app has drop cam listed in it guess I could try that.

Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    So I bought the cam, have it installed and I can view it externally in the browser. I place the URL in apexfusion and it never comes up. Ideas?apex.PNGCapture.jpgsetup.PNG

Did you open port 9191 in your router, as well as set the IP addresses in the camera settings??

Neptune doesn't support camera setup because there's a bunch of different cameras and they all have different settings.

All the tile is, is a pass through for video. We have to supply the video....

Frequent Visitor

Cam

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSimon View Post
    Did you open port 9191 in your router, as well as set the IP addresses in the camera settings??
    I did not do port 9191 does it need to be that port? I did go do a port forwarding in the router and set a static ip on the camera. I also registered it with the free D links dds service.

You have to open up a port on the IP address you selected. 9191 will work..... it’s just what I used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Will give it another try tonight I must not be doing something correct. I did order one of the same cams you did the write up about ahould have it tomorrow.

In your router go to port forwarding and add the IP address of your camera @9191

Also make sure you go into the Dlinks settings and follow my steps.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthSimon View Post
    In your router go to port forwarding and add the IP address of your camera @9191

Also make sure you go into the Dlinks settings and follow my steps.

Ok its up and working for now thanks for all your help Darth. Will see how long it stays online. I notice my phone can view it through the app but my old Ipad can not.

Frequent Visitor

Both are working now

Quote Originally Posted by reelredfish View Post
    Ok its up and working for now thanks for all your help Darth. Will see how long it stays online. I notice my phone can view it through the app but my old Ipad can not.
    So i rcvd the 936L today and it was the same process but just seemed to configure much smoother. May order up a couple more of those.

Sweet!!!

New User

Works in browser, not in Fusion

Got two... from Amazon for $60 for a 2 pack (refurbished)

After much frustration (mostly to do with the Dlink utility, my router GUI, and deciphering which of those millions of IP addresses goes where), I got the network settings setup as described in this thread and the Dlink users manual. (https://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DCS-936L)

I checked external access using a cellular connection on mobile Chrome, by pasting the URL described (with embedded credentials) into the browser's address bar. That works fine - good video, about as good as the Dlink app (at 480).

I pasted that working link in the Fusion app and I get nothing except the broken image icon. Checked a browser instance of Fusion and same issue.

Ports are forwarded, static IP is assigned, external and internal gateway settings in Dlink config utility all check out against what the router shows.

The one setup issue I had was the Dlink app would lose it's connection to the camera when I changed the network settings. I discovered in a Dlink forum that the Optional Primary DNS needs to be defined in the Dlink configuration utility for the Dlink app to see the camera. I set this to be the same as the LAN IP (per the users manual) and the Dlink app picked up the camera just fine.

Any thoughts on my Fusion issue?
    Thanks

Have you followed my directions?? Chrome will not support video in Fusion Tile.

Hello All,
    Took a stab today at hooking up a D-Link 936L IP Camera to Fusion. So I did tons of research on the model and configurations.
    Here is what I found to work the best. Could possibly work with other models......

1: Use this in the URL Settings of Apex Fusion Camera:

http://(Username):Password)@(External IP):port)/video/mjpg.cgi
    Example : http://admin:123456@68.22.1.105:9191/video/mjpg.cgi

Setup:
    2: Username and Password are set in the DLink Advanced Setup...

3: External IP is your ISP's IP Address, not internally assigned ip router IP for Example (192.... or 10.1.....) Do Not use These!!!

4: Set a static IP address for the camera in the Dlink Advanced Setup so the internal never changes. Here you do use a local 192.168.1.12.... or 10.0.0.100. Just pick an available IP that isn't being used. (192.186.1.25) For Example..... Make sure this doesn't conflict with anything that already grabbed this router IP address...

5: Set the Local Gateway (Router IP address) in Dlink Advanced Setup.

6: Set the HTTP Port in Dlink Advanced. I used 9191.

7: Port Forwarding in your Router. Set up a port forward to the static IP that you setup in Dlink Setup and add the port that you used in the Dlink Setup as well....

This worked like a charm for me. The only down side was the only browser that works with my command line is Mozilla. Chrome, Edge, and IE will not work unless you enter the url in another browser Window open it up, video goes on. Then you can start Fusion and video works. Mozilla works without the previous step.

By following these steps you can use either your local or external IP address to view your camera locally. Makes more sense to use the External so if you leave your Home Network, you can use the cam anywhere....
    App works flawlessly...

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for the nice instructions.

If you have the ability to set DHCP reservations in your router, it would save you having to assign static on the device. That way if you ever change your network schema or DNS servers, the device doesn't have to care. You probably already know that, but others might not.

Cheers

New User
    @DarthSimon
    Yes I did... did you read my post?

Static IP on camera, port set to 9191, port forwarded.

I can view the URL in most browsers, tested from both behind and outside my firewall:

That same URL doesn't work in Fusion... app or browser. I have not tried it using the local IP instead of the External IP.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop66 View Post
    @DarthSimon
    Yes I did... did you read my post?

Static IP on camera, port set to 9191, port forwarded.

I can view the URL in most browsers, tested from both behind and outside my firewall:

That same URL doesn't work in Fusion... app or browser. I have not tried it using the local IP instead of the External IP.

I am getting the EXACT same issue. I can use the URL placed in the camera set up, and see the video on my phone, but am getting a broken image. As far as my background i am a linux engineer. the only change ive done compared to your notes was update the firmware.

New User
    I am having the following issue :
    Everything works in the browser, external and internal. But when i load it up in apex i am getting a broken image icon.
    in firefox it works perfect, but in the apex app it doesnt work.

Everything works in the browser, external and internal. But when i load it up in apex i am getting a broken image icon.
    in firefox it works perfect, but in the apex app it doesnt work.
    Quote Originally Posted by denellum View Post
    As far as my background i am a linux engineer.
    I'll speak geekish then. This is because you are passing the username & password in the clear, in the URL. The use of username:password@ in a URL was deprecated many years ago in RFC 3986. Many browsers continued to allow it for quite a long time though. Firefox is, I believe, the only major browser that still allows it.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I understand that, but why doesn't the (android) app work? That's honestly all i care about

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast